Inverted phrases - Heard a good one recently?

Binky

Death's Steed
Staff member
  • misguided bustway (Out latest transportation innovation in Cambridge)
  • antisocial networking
  • destructive filters (For when you want to be 'creative' using a camera)

Are some examples of oft neglected form of humour.

I'm you can come up with something more amusing than the above :)

In France when you enter high school ("lycée"), you have to choose 'obligatory options'. I'm not too sure what the official name is but even the teachers call them that.

" assault weapons "  Is a term invented by " American " beaucrats to describe guns they don't like , when quite truthfully , almost all guns are made for one of 3 purposes : wall hanging ( those modern reproduction flintlocks ) , to kill something ( hey it's a gun , get used to it ) and taking out inanimate objects ( targets justa beaver 3d " singing " statues ) oh and then there's a fourth thing ( a combination of them all ) so really , guns ARE NOT DANGEROUS it is simply the folk who wield them .

" post modernism " .

In France when you enter high school ("lycée"), you have to choose 'obligatory options'. I'm not too sure what the official name is but even the teachers call them that.
Maybe it doesn't work out in French? but the term 'obligatory options' works out okay in English -- its not 'obligatory optional', which wouldn't pan out. An option is one of many, and oblig means you'd have to pick one of them. Seems okay :) It doesn't roll off the tongue though, so somethign odd about it, but works :eek:

jeff

Back