Irc Channel For Pandora?

Status
Not open for further replies.
These have all been around for ages ;).

#PandoraDev on EfNet - General Dev Chat, mostly on topic.
#Pandora on EfNet - General Chat on and off topic (not that I am ever in there so a guess).
#OpenPandora on FreeNode - Official (I guess, I set it up ages ago) dev chan. Mostly for people interested in the kernel work - Commit logs for things like GIT go here for those interested in tracking code progress. Quiet chan, mostly on topic.

All the chans are OP/VOICE managed and being a prat will get you banned/kicked.

think i'd settle for a more up to date version tho ^^
it would come in handy tho to keep track of IRC while you're away from your computer

I'd go in, but one of the ops is a jerk and banned me "because I'm annoying on the forums". I asked a legitimate question several months ago and got banned for it. :(

atomicthumbs said:
I'd go in, but one of the ops is a jerk and banned me "because I'm annoying on the forums". I asked a legitimate question several months ago and got banned for it. :(

I really don't doubt that i got nagged on just because my vhost on IRC had the word "warez" in it. Honestly i thought it was hilarious watching these people have a 15-20 minute conversation over a vhost like it was some drama topic but anyways i had my laughs at it not sure if they were just bored or trying so hard to be an ass and just couldn't pull it off :(

Last edited by a moderator:
atomicthumbs said:
You did deserve the ban because you were both annoying here and on IRC (I wasn't actually around for the ban, but I know you were winding some people up a few days before). Don't twist the truth, you didn't get banned for asking a question.

That was me. And not without a reason.

_DiGiTaL_ said:
I really don't doubt that i got nagged on just because my vhost on IRC had the word "warez" in it. Honestly i thought it was hilarious watching these people have a 15-20 minute conversation over a vhost like it was some drama topic but anyways i had my laughs at it not sure if they were just bored or trying so hard to be an ass and just couldn't pull it off :(
Actually, we didn't nag. Also, I told you, it's nothing personal, i just said that having a bnc with the vhost "warez.served.on.a.oc256.org" looks incredibly lame. Obviously, you didn't want to hear me saying that I don't want to insult you personally.
Usually, you'd expect people using BNCs on IRC to be a little bit used to habits on IRC. So, talking a bit of trash if nothing else is happening is not that uncommon.
Believe me, if I want to be an ass, I can be *very* convincing. ;)

atomicthumbs said:
I just grepped my logs for you. You were the one jerk, and you finished yourself by asking offtopic questions and gave yourself your own coup de grâce by saying "if you don't know anything don't answer".

don said:
That was me. And not without a reason.

_DiGiTaL_ said:
Actually, we didn't nag. Also, I told you, it's nothing personal, i just said that having a bnc with the vhost "warez.served.on.a.oc256.org" looks incredibly lame. Obviously, you didn't want to hear me saying that I don't want to insult you personally.
Usually, you'd expect people using BNCs on IRC to be a little bit used to habits on IRC. So, talking a bit of trash if nothing else is happening is not that uncommon.
Believe me, if I want to be an ass, I can be *very* convincing. ;)

I didn't take it as an insult at all it actually made me laugh watching people point out whats lame and whats not lame. It was laughs that is all i can't be insulted by anyone on IRC especially EFnet it has like 90% of E-thugs trying to flex their internet muscles :)

_DiGiTaL_ said:
I didn't take it as an insult at all it actually made me laugh watching people point out whats lame and whats not lame. It was laughs that is all i can't be insulted by anyone on IRC especially EFnet it has like 90% of E-thugs trying to flex their internet muscles :)
Keep in mind that with such a vhost, you'd be instantly banned from various IRC channels (or even from the pandora channels, given the wrong Op, regulars may know who I'm talking about), so discussions about what's lame and what's not are really tame.

If it offends the OP that much i probably would change it other than that i wouldn't change it just cause of some random comments from a random person.

Questions answered Feel free to close/remove the thread thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back