Is A Syndicate Port Possible? (pic Warning)

MakavelianKode posted on Feb 2 2006 at 03:08 AM said:
I never cared about an Amiga emulator - now I do.. too bad it's unlikely (so i hear)
I've just released a quick 'n' dirty port of uae4all for the gp2x. You can get it here:

http://www.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,5,1215

It's slow and crippled at the moment, as I've only spent a couple of hours on it, but I'll try to find time to work on it at some point. I'm in the process of buying my first house at the moment, so I've got other things on my mind!

No mouse support yet, so Syndicate's out for now... personally, I wouldn't want to play it without a real mouse anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
hmmmmmm

An amiga emulator...

It just sits there with 00 on the drive access indicator using a kikstart 1.3 rom renamed to kick.rom and a turrican adf file.

Iorgy77 posted on Feb 3 2006 at 12:44 PM said:
hmmmmmm

An amiga emulator...

It just sits there with 00 on the drive access indicator using a kikstart 1.3 rom renamed to kick.rom and a turrican adf file.

Oh dear. Did you mess with the settings at all?

critical posted on Feb 3 2006 at 11:49 AM said:
Iorgy77 posted on Feb 3 2006 at 12:44 PM said:
hmmmmmm

An amiga emulator...

Oh dear. Did you mess with the settings at all?

Not at all left everything as it was.

Throttle was on 40 by default and sound was off.

Iorgy77 posted on Feb 3 2006 at 11:44 AM said:
.............and a turrican adf file.

Ahhhhhhhhh Turrican, the memories come flooding back, that game is bloody brilliant.

back onto syndicate... great game!

but didn't the pc version run at 640x480? so a port (even IF 'sauce' was available, lol) would have all the problems of converting to 320x240,

same for the guy who is porting transport tycoon. he's had to come up with some ingenious ways round it.

Back