Is it just my gp32 or..

Octavius

I noticed that everytime I turn on my GP32 it makes a horrible cracking noise during that first SWOOSH sound when the GP32 icon flys out from the circle of icons. Is it me or is that sound.... really bad? Maybe it's not an error but just a shitty wav file. Am I the only one??

I haven't had that problem.

Could it be your speakers??

I am really not sure.

I have to say, once or twice my GP32 has done that crackling thing. Its either a dodgy speaker, or it could just be the standard sound driver thats used.

It could be the sound library they've used, the sound driver on the GP32 has always been a bit suspect. (I wanted to make a simple reverb engine, but I would have had to have built a new sound engine to make it work nicely).

anyway, If you still have problems consistantly, you might want to delve into the inards of your GP32 and make sure the speakers are'nt just vibrating in their housing.

I also notice a pop when I turn on my gp32. It is only noticeable w/ the headphones, but you know it is still pretty wierd. I use the multi firmware, I wonder if this has anything to do w/ it? <_<

yeah.. thats kinda what im talking about.. during emulation and stuff.. sounds is perfect (mp3s too) its just that opening sound that sucks.

Abruptly cutting power to all kinds of electronic stuff usually cause weird stuff to happen, but it shouldn't be harmful. Garbage on the screen and an occasional crackle or pop is quite normal. It usually happens when power is cut, and the voltage for a nanosecond falls into the illegal area, when it is not "0" or "1" and the digital circuits fail to get a proper signal, and they kind of "flicker" between "0" False and "1" True. I think that is what happens..

Voltage 2.8 - 5 is True (1)

Voltage 0 - 0.8 is False (0)

Anything i between is considered "Illegal" and circuits start to fail.

But if your GP32 makes alot of weird noise during shutdown perhaps it might be broken, but then it shouldn't be stable at all I think..

Tobias

Back