is playstation emulation possible?

Okay, I am not a really prof. with the GP32.
But this is really stupid :blink: (no offence).
The PS1 has 64bit and the GP only 32 so even with overcloking it wouldnt be possible.

Okay, I am not a really prof. with the GP32.
But this is really stupid :blink: (no offence).
The PS1 has 64bit and the GP only 32 so even with overcloking it wouldnt be possible.
It looks like you are the stupid one...the PS1 had 32bits

Anyway, the general rule-of-thumb for emulation is that the sytem you are emulating on should be 10 times as powerful as the one you are trying to emulate, which the GP32 is not

Last edited by a moderator:
im sure i read on the board ages ago that someone was making ports of psx games for the gp?
And i'm pretty sure you're wrong ;) Some 2D PSX games can be ported but advance stuff like Teken isn't possible.
Besides the're isnt a source of a singel ps1 game aviable (correct me if i'm wrong) so you can port it if you don't have th source.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really that dreamcast is better that PSX so whats about porting : Resident Evil : Code Veronica for eg.... :) lol
STOP KIDDING DUDE....this is not a "kindergarten" here but a forum...
see you ;)

i want an x-box emu and an dvd drive attachment so i can play halo on the bus.....
or a 3gig smc....or a portable x-box....
or just people to stop makin' stupid remark's consering non possible emu's....

Ok, time to get a little technical...

And the fact that a 700mb game cant fit onto a 128mb SMC.

This is not actually true, someone mentioned resampling, etc, but also, the more obvious answer is that a lot of games don't use the whole cd anyways. Examples I can think of off the top of my head would be puzzle games, and some 2d games. Homebrew too.

Ok, technically, if the PSX *were* 64-bit, but like 2mhz, it could be emulated. The problem is that *if I remember correctly* the PSX cpu is running at 33mhz, which is much too fast to be emulated at any decent speed. And that's just the cpu, ignoring whatever 3d acceleration hardware is has. Look at SNES emulation so far. The SNES cpu is like < 5mhz, and it's got some really old 2d tile engine, and even IT hasn't been emulated fullspeed with overclocking. Hmm, can't emulate a 2-5 mhz game system at 166mhz? How do you expect to emulate something at 33mhz at any decent speed? You can't.

im sure i read on the board ages ago that someone was making ports of psx games for the gp?

I think this is true. I remember Rlyeh mentioning it, but I think it was just for an experiment, not anything that would ever run FF7 or the like. Sorry...

Ok, enough rambling, I hope this issue is clearer for you all.

If you want psx emulation, you may have to get an Asus a600 pocket pc- Hey! its cheaper than a zodiac and is just as fast, I believe. I could be wrong, but I have seen a few holliday specials for 250usd.

Appearently, these guys (emulator authors) created a utility that compresses playstation ISO's to fit on compactflash cards. I dont know how good the compression ratio is but Check it out here anyways-

http://fpsearm.psxfanatics.com/

There is a video somewhere of Gran TURISMO running nearly 25 fps on the asus- but I cant remember where I saw it- :(

Anyway, Maybe the compression tool could be used for super PC engine isos- or maybe even using the tool to compress pcengine cd without music for play with gpengine. Just an idea. :)

yuzo

Hell yeah man PSX emulation is right around the corner!

Once we get that working maybe we can get Atari 2600 games to run 100%!!!

I'd be more than surprised if it ever happened for us lot. Its very very very unlikely. No. Make that with a few hundred mroe verys.

The thing about people porting playstation games was, as has been said, remakes, for a start (not source ports). The second bit is that they were *official* plans from Mitsui - not ones from us lot. Which means short of them coming back on the scene in a *good* way (which is also fairly unlikely) those are unlikely to happen.

Back