Is The Dev/porter Of Atari 800 Emulator Available?

slaanesh

Certified Guru
Website
www.slaanesh.net
Just wondering if the dev for Atari 800 emulator still around? His name is Foft. I can get the v0.9 source code but the link for v1.0 is broken on his website. And his email bounces. So... if anyone has got the source for v1.0 or knows where/how to get it, much appreciated.

I'd like to add some features!

The files are on my site, but my isp stopped serving .bz2 files - gah! And my backup home server is down - replaced it recently. I've re-uploaded v1.0 there as http://www.scrameta.net/a800/1.0/atari800_src_tarbz2.zip for now.

Also there is slightly newer source on there as http://www.scrameta.net/a800/beta/atari800...avec_tarbz2.zip

They are both .tar.bz2 files - might need to rename to extract depending on what you're using.

Just run the Makefile in src/build_gp2x...

Just sent this to Slaanesh by pm, but might be generally useful (until I fix my site - ever?)... I'm offline for the next week, but I tested these links (well built from the beta one at least). So should be ok for now.

Looking forward to the new features. Also removing any of my hacks etc. - fixing gp32 build etc appreciated!

Thanks,

Mark

slaanesh said:
Just wondering if the dev for Atari 800 emulator still around? His name is Foft. I can get the v0.9 source code but the link for v1.0 is broken on his website. And his email bounces. So... if anyone has got the source for v1.0 or knows where/how to get it, much appreciated.

I'd like to add some features!

The one thing that needs fixing is proper support for D-pads. I don't think the diagonals work right, for example if you press up+right it won't go diagonal. I think Foft fixed that in one version but broke Atari 5200 analog emulation (crashes emu) , so I don't use that. If you need a beta tester let me know. I am familiar with previous issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back