Is the Pandora Discountinued?

D

Diego Aguilar

I checked the DragonBox website, but they are out of stock. Is this just temporary, or is the Pandora discontinued until the release of the Pyra?

Yes the OpenPandora is not more in Production.
When i renember right..then was the Main Problem to get more Omap3530/Dm3530 Cpus for the Boards and they have not much Spareparts like Nubs/Displays for building new Pandora Devices.

And they make place for the Pyra too :)

The Pandora ist not death..only the Production has stopped.
Maybe there come some refurbished Pandoras soon in the Shop.
Or you buy a used Pandora from Forum Users here.
When the Pyra comes out..then shurly do many Pandora Users sell their Pandora to get more Money for the Dragonbox Pyra :)

I thought ED still had a handful of 1GHz units that needed to be assembled, and that trickle into the shop when they are ready (and quickly sell out, often before people get a chance to react to the email).

There are the refurbished ones that show up in the shop too.

Are there going to be any tv-editions available?

Yes, all the boards we find with broken LCD output.

I think we'll have about 60 more Pandoras, 20 - 30 with some issues (like Bluetooth or Wifi not working, one LED not working, etc.) and a few with broken LCD output (which will be the TV editions).

Where would I post to look for Pandoras being sold be other forum members?

Yes, all the boards we find with broken LCD output.

I think we'll have about 60 more Pandoras, 20 - 30 with some issues (like Bluetooth or Wifi not working, one LED not working, etc.) and a few with broken LCD output (which will be the TV editions).
How does a TV edition work? Does it have something special that makes it boot with TV-out already on?

How does a TV edition work? Does it have something special that makes it boot with TV-out already on?
It's not just a tv-out edition thing.The first boot on a fresh flash of Super Zaxxon now enables the TV out by default. Then you have an option in the first boot wizard to enable it on startup or not if I recall correctly.

It's not just a tv-out edition thing.The first boot on a fresh flash of Super Zaxxon now enables the TV out by default. Then you have an option in the first boot wizard to enable it on startup or not if I recall correctly.
Oh that's a good idea!

Yep, that's right. You can't see the R-boot menu which makes reflashing a special art, but provided you chose to keep TV out on in the settings it'll pop on pretty much as soon as the boot splash screen pops up.

Back