Is There A PND...

yep. i think its already installed on the pandora or at least it used to be. Can't remember the name now.

'Ristretto' is built in - it's what images open in if you double click them, or just call up the menu and there it is under 'graphics'.

It has a slideshow function, but there are alternatives such as http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=gpicview-gpicview-16594'>gPicView on the repo.

Cool, thanks.

GPicView doesn't show up in the Repo.

Which would be best for rendering and showing images created in Paint?

I have a number of state maps I have drawn, with County lines.  This is for a hobby of mine, currency tracking.  I like to keep maps of what counties and states I have hit.

The files I have were all created in Paint, and saved as .png files.

What I'd like to be able to do is...have a number of files (say 50 of them) in a slideshow so I could press a button and bring up the next picture.

there is no need to actually edit the files on the Pandy...just view them.  Which program would be best for this?

Last edited by a moderator:
gPicView is called Image Viewer in repo. AFAIK most of them will handle .png and most have a slideshow feature that will work if images are in same folder.  My personal preference is Viewnoir, I use it on the Pandora and my desktop.

Ristretto, which is already available on the nand does exactly what you want. Why not use that?

GPicView doesn't show up in the Repo.
There's a direct link to it in both Linux-SWAT's & my previous posts above ( gPicView ) It's categorised under 'viewers' rather than 'graphics' (there's some crossover there).

You've got Ristretto already though, give it a spin to see if it's missing anythng you need.

ristretto: f11 makes it fullscreen, left/right goes through the pics, f5 runs the slideshow

Ristretto does seem to do what I wanted, basically.

I can go thru the pics one at a time, controlled...or slideshow.

F11 fullscreen is a good thing, also, one can rotate the pictures. Use CTRL+[ or CTRL+] - this is a little awkward, though, because to do it, you have to press three buttons. BUT, once you DO rotate a picture, it remains rotated, even after you move away from that picture and come back to it. However, it does NOT save the rotate once you close and re-open the program.

So, all in all this works, unless someone has something honestly better.

Back