Is There A Port Of Wolfenstein On Gp2x?

Reason you couldn't find it on the gp2x archive is because the archive is located in germany and wolfenstein is still illigal there.

I've said before it should be put on the archive as the Super Noah's Ark 3D engine. That would get around the law, since there's no data files included.

Hello,
Yeah, it's hidden away at sourceforge.net... Hopefully I'll get a new release out here soon, just haven't gotten my new laptop all setup for GP2X development... yet! (ahh, the wonders of portable coding)

Anyways, hope you enjoy it damned, and of course everyone else :)
TJ Hooka

That would get around the law, since there's no data files included.

Even the engine (without the data files!) is illegal in germany. We discussed it before in the german forum..

Digitalrat said:
Even the engine (without the data files!) is illegal in germany. We discussed it before in the german forum..

That's amazing. Why is it the engine illegal if it doesn't have any references to the Nazi regime? Seems like any first-person-shooter engine should be illegal, then... since you could use Nazi graphics to make a game. Really, I suppose computers should be illegal, because they can all be used to make swastika drawings. Probably pens and paper should be illegal too, for the same reason.

I know I'm exaggerating here, I'm just fascinated by how absurb well-meaning censorship can be. I know there examples of this in the United States too, so don't think I'm unfairly singling out Germany.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there any way to change the volume? It's pretty loud and Gmenu's volume control thing dosent work with it for some reason.

Digitalrat said:

Why does Germany hate Jesus?

:p

Ravnos said:
I've said before it should be put on the archive as the Super Noah's Ark 3D engine. That would get around the law, since there's no data files included.
Oh man, it'd be hilarious if somebody released a graphic patch to mix up the two games. Put Nazis "to sleep" with the peashooter or kill the annoying goats with a pistol.

The Wolfenstein port is great, said this before. One thing I noticed, on firmware 1.4 games save and load very quickly, on firmware 2.1 they "have to think about it for a while first".

It is excellent. You can play it with the MKII joystick ok, but D-pad is better.

LegendaryMachine said:
I can't get this to run, am I missing something obvious?
The original game files maybe?
If you haven't got it, you can find a ready pack at GP2X Torrents (find it yourself)

Back