Is There An Lbreakout2 Port In The Making?

I've been playing around with some breakout code for years, i've done 3 attempts creating a breakout clone and eacht time i have problems with the collision detection code dealing with when 2 blocks get hit by the ball at the same time, i never got it right so the ball behaves pretty weird. Maybe after waternet is finished i'll give it another shot. I can't port it however, id make my own breakout game. However i wonder if it's needed since u can play arkanoid on genesis and mame which is the mother of all breakout games :)

joyrider posted on Mar 27 2007 at 02:20 PM said:
I've been playing around with some breakout code for years, i've done 3 attempts creating a breakout clone and eacht time i have problems with the collision detection code dealing with when 2 blocks get hit by the ball at the same time, i never got it right so the ball behaves pretty weird. Maybe after waternet is finished i'll give it another shot. I can't port it however, id make my own breakout game. However i wonder if it's needed since u can play arkanoid on genesis and mame which is the mother of all breakout games :)

Thanks for the tip on arkanoid! I really like lbreakout2 though with it's crazy upgrades etc. It's lots of fun and even better my girlfriend like it to ;). You should give it a try it is really addictive. Is there a way I can port this game on my Gentoo Linux box?

Last edited by a moderator:
joyrider posted on Mar 27 2007 at 05:20 AM said:
However i wonder if it's needed since u can play arkanoid on genesis and mame which is the mother of all breakout games :)

just to be precise, Breakout is the mother of all breakout games ;)

you can get that for the Apple II, Speccy, Commie 64, Atari VCS, etc etc

Last edited by a moderator:
Back