Is This A Fixable Problem??

gamesmad

Still Fresh
Im looking at buying a faulty GP32 to repair for a friend. To quote from the description "the screen picture fades after a few seconds". Is this a know problem, and is there a fix for it??

Will

Well, the first thing to be sure of is that you're running it on fully charged high capacity batteries.

If it's still fading... not something I've seen, I must say. It could be a faulty connection at the power, I imagine (if it's actually dying as opposed to continuing but with no screen - testable with, say, the MP3 player or mplayer). Otherwise I personally have no idea. But I'm not an electronics buff, so I probably wouldn't do!

Tbh, though, I'd probably just be tempted to send it back wherever he got it, and get it fixed. The machine hasn't yet been out for a year, so it's definitely in guarantee time, even if it was bought right at the start...

Tobriand posted on Jul 31 2006 at 08:36 AM said:
Well, the first thing to be sure of is that you're running it on fully charged high capacity batteries.

If it's still fading... not something I've seen, I must say. It could be a faulty connection at the power, I imagine (if it's actually dying as opposed to continuing but with no screen - testable with, say, the MP3 player or mplayer). Otherwise I personally have no idea. But I'm not an electronics buff, so I probably wouldn't do!

Tbh, though, I'd probably just be tempted to send it back wherever he got it, and get it fixed. The machine hasn't yet been out for a year, so it's definitely in guarantee time, even if it was bought right at the start...
GP32??

Last edited by a moderator:
I think thats quite a common problem with gp32 flu's, its easy to fix however, just leave it on for about a hour than cycle it and it should be fine again.

Back