Is This Normal?

ZeroPain

Still Fresh
All the battery's I have tried drain after a few minuets...

I tried the battery's that came with it and a set of energizer rechargeable's (2500mAh Ni-Mh). Both sets were uncharged prior to use so I'm going to try charging them in case they were packaged uncharged. I have tried a set of non-rechargeable battery's and they drained extreamly fast but I suppose it could be because they were cheap as hell. I have also tried under clocking to save battery but it seems to have no effect.

Please tell me that gp2x is not defective...
:(

Get back to us after trying a fully charged set.

I noticed that most rechargables only come with a small charge on them and once I noticed that my batteries said they were full charge and were not. I had to charge them again.

-Kensupen

You should always charge batteries you've just bought for whatever it says on the package before placing them on anything. Using them immediately in high current devices such as the gp2x without charging them first can damage them.

You should always charge batteries you've just bought for whatever it says on the package before placing them on anything. Using them immediately in high current devices such as the gp2x without charging them first can damage them.
yeah, its very bad for the batteries lifetime and capacity... never charge them halfway and start using them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just tried both sets of energizers with a full charge and they each lasted about 2 min.

I'm not 100% sure but I think thats less then the last time I tried them.

When I first got them I could not find anything telling me if they were already charged or not and I was afraid that I would damage them by overcharging them.

Oh, BTW could I use this as an ac adapter?
Output:5.0V(Then a long line over three little lines horizontal to each other.)1A
It then has a little diagram showing that the inside of the plug is positive and the outside negative.

No no no! 5V is too much, the official adapter is only 3.3V, 5V might fry the unit.

If the set of rechargeables was indeed fully charged, and relatively new, then perhaps your unit is defective and you should consider asking for a replacement.

- Alex

Just tried the battery's that came with it again after a good charging and it seems to be working fine.

The energizers are probably screwed now but at least I know that the unit itself is fine.

Thanks for all your posts!
:)

Batteries are always charged before they leave the factory, but then they spend about 6 months in various warehouses before they even get to you, so by that point they are pretty much flat. For this reason you should always charge newly bought batteries before attempting to use them.

Or atleast check the newly bought batteries in a batterie charger to see if they are full.

I think new batteries need a few Charge/discharge cycles before you get the best out of them.

I put my brand new Energizer 2500mah's on charge yesterday and they only lasted 10mins or so. Most nimh battery suppliers tell you to charge them for a while then expect them to be at their best after 3 or so cycles. let us know how they are working now.

Back