Is this the biggest rip off?

vcoleiro1

Hardcore Member
Just noticed this new handheld on engadget which will be sold for $5000. Perhaps its me, but this seems to be the biggest rip off I have seen ever. Even more so than the first Apple Lisa

GD2000

As with the likes of the Panasonic Toughbook, this appears to be something that's built from older-but-proven guts, for a very, very specific purpose (something that it doesn't appear that the writer of the Engadget article understood, given the seemingly scoffing tone about the storage space and rightful lack of unnecessary cellular networking). I suspect if it's what you're looking for, it might not be a rip-off.

Last edited by a moderator:
As with the likes of the Panasonic Toughbook, this appears to be something that's built from older-but-proven guts, for a very, very specific purpose (something that it doesn't appear that the writer of the Engadget article understood, given the seemingly scoffing tone about the storage space and rightful lack of unnecessary cellular networking). I suspect if it's what you're looking for, it might not be a rip-off.

what I think strange is only the IP54 level, seems a bit low for this kind of device/price, no? or am I just mistaken?

Come on, it's Engadget. Did you expect any other kind of behavior?

Back