It Would Seem Gptheatre Is Gone

sam fisher posted on Apr 22 2005 at 01:19 PM said:
www.doomportables.org is gone :(

Looks like its been kacked, usually if a site has exceeded its bandwidth then you get a message to that effect, why is this happening to all our sites, next someones ganna try and hack this site!

Last edited by a moderator:
fitzsteve posted on Apr 22 2005 at 02:48 PM said:
Looks like its been kacked,...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

...well, I think it`s only funny if you are german :D

Quiest posted on Apr 22 2005 at 02:16 PM said:
fitzsteve posted on Apr 22 2005 at 02:48 PM said:
Looks like its been kacked,...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

...well, I think it`s only funny if you are german :D
:D

I'm SURE I read at the Off Topic Section of these boards that GPTheatre was looking for a cheap host as doomportables will shut down soon...

I couldn't find this anymore - did anyone delete this? Or have I been dreaming...?

Besides I just read an article about doomportables.org in the german magazine GEE. Would be bad for them if the website is offline for a long time. ;)

Uhm... doomportables.org seems to be up. Did they just delete your site without warning? I guess it was using a lot of bandwidth.

LHC posted on Apr 22 2005 at 04:03 PM said:
I dunno Rico. Unless Doom Portables was always just a shitty "popular searches" site, I think it's gone.
It's up right now (I even control refreshed) - "A conglomeration of portable home video game systems and the means to constructing them."

If it went down due to domain name expiration, as seems to be the case, it could be that my DNS hasn't been updated yet.

this is kinda weird. I am currently downloading some last-minute backup stuff, and it's still going for me. I tried another computer, and that works as well. When I try a traceroute, though, it has the same problem as those with the DNS bug, or whatever it is.

This happens when I surf to www.doomportables.org:

doomport.jpg

yeah, I think most of us are getting that, now. I'm now trying to find a place to host it. I can probably use a freeserverhost.com page for the site, but the videos are too big. If anyone can hold 3.2 GB (and growing) of data with lots of bandwidth, please PM me!

Back