It's A Great Time To Be Back!

Orkie said:
Miika said:
...OR buy a DS lite with flush GBA flashcart OR a real GBA with flashcart... <_<
Did you even look at the link? It is a real GBA.

Yes I did. I meant it is much better to carry a real real GBA or DS lite than carrying around a machine at the size of a... C64? The screens on DS lite are good enough, as are the controls.

Last edited by a moderator:
David Beoulve said:
BenScar: Hey there! And yes I have Supreme Commander. I can't run the latest patch for some reason, supposedly it smooths things up.
Just installed a nice new x1650 gfx card to make Sup Com play better.
Sadly my machine now goes all "weird" after about 10 minutes...
Going to have to wait for that patch me thinks!

Still playing TA now and then?

Welcome back Dave!

Latinas FTW: I'm also married to one ;)

Lobo: Yes! I'm sure you're experienced with "Take your Latin Girlfriend to the Beach FTL!!!" Why? Because the white guy BURNS.

BenScar: Actually, with as horrible as Supreme Commander is, I probably will. Don't get me wrong - incredible game - if it would run well. Pharra is a...
  • E6700 Core Two Duo 2.66GHz CPU
  • Dual ATI X1900 XT's in Crossfire (512MB each)
  • Dual Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200RPM HD's in RAID 0 (speedy)
  • SWAP file on separate 7200RPM SATA drive (OS and Game is on the RAID 0 setup)
  • 2GB of RAM
  • Extreme Music Soundblaster Soundcard (hardware supported EAX and 5.1 surround sound)
And with this setup I can only run 2 AI plus myself comfortably with no slowdown ... that's 3 players, not even 4. HUH? When I first tried the game in 8 players (my usual trial by fire Skirmish match) I couldn't finish it.

PS - I was running TA:Spring, not original TA. That doesn't work on my computers :p

Clone: At least you were making Homebrew! I was making text adventure games in GWBASIC at that age. I'd discovered the PRINTF (locational print) statement a year later. The dark ages before teh interwebs and I had to learn BASIC from random old books I'd find in public schools. Yeah. That didn't work well.

Bacteria: I love your cool toy! I've always wished Nintendo would super-size the NDS :p

DEVELOPER UPDATE:
PokeParadox spent 2 hours with me chatting (on Teamspeak) about development and helping me set up devkitGP2X using CodeBlocks as a development environment. He worked on his project whilst I battled with getting CodeBlocks configured correctly and he helped me through some things.

It's Back!
534450286_24d65669fc.jpg

534450304_6951466044.jpg

WooT! Thanks to Grahf!

I'm also now a member of (a naughty site that contains roms) - they have some good stuff with nothing that would make me dislike them (like the full version of Payback).

Speaking of Payback I need to buy that! Woo!

I've updated my emulators.

Sad that Dzz and Vobbo are gone. Vobbo because he was an awesome coder, and likewise with Dzz, not to mention GP2Xgamer.com.

Anyone who's got comments, post 'em. I'll reply.

Added a blog entry which I linked.

Welcome back to the flock :)

That stick looks very grippy, does it control well?

Alex. said:
Welcome back to the flock :)
That stick looks very grippy, does it control well?
Now I can easily move UP instead of UP RIGHT or UP RIGHT instead of UP - that alone is enough to make me sing.

Dennis, a mate at work, said "Whoa, yeah, you can feel the difference in the springyness from your old one."

I'm really happy with it - it's not as washy (loose) as before, but not resistant to being moved - it feels like a real, quality Dpad with a thumbstick on top. Actually, I believe that's what it is ;)

I need to ask Grahf what he took apart to put in there.

But yeah - NEO GEO, MAME, ... lordy Final Fight arcade machine! Wooo! It all controls great. GP2X's should come like this.

EDIT:
I ordered Payback!

Stop blogging so much, or keep your blog on your blog. Does anyone read your blog? stop plugging it here, if we want to read it we will go to your damn blog, we dont need it mirrored in this topic here.

sam fisher said:
Stop blogging so much, or keep your blog on your blog. Does anyone read your blog? stop plugging it here, if we want to read it we will go to your damn blog, we dont need it mirrored in this topic here.
Jeez. Just don't click on his topics if you don't want to read his posts. Or ignore him. He's not doing anything inappropriate.

That was rude. I mean you don't even need to read this thread.

Weren't you one of the folks who asked about me while I was gone? Why be so rude?

Nevermind. Please don't post here. I'm not in the mood for spoiling the thread where I express how I feel great about being back in the community - unless it is your express purpose to make me feel unwelcome.

I see plenty of topics I think "Gee, that's silly." and I don't post in them.

To answer your questions:
  1. Among my real life friends few read every post, others catch what interests them - like you should be doing. Blogging is not about readership, it's about expression. To the human mind, it doesn't matter so much that what you write has the readership of Penny Arcade, it's cathartic to write.
  2. The reason I link to anything related to what I write about is explained in the article "Deep Linking is Good Linking". I copy posts because my wife doesn't like trying to navigate a forum, and because I understand 2 years after a post sometimes the thread is gone (not from here but I've had this happen).
This may or may not be the issue, but a lot of people have problems with my openness, they feel put off by it, it makes them uncomfortable. However, as I don't ask them to be less paranoid or closed in, wouldn't it be great if they didn't act like I should be like them?

But, like I said, I invite you to not reply here. I'm here to have some comraderie and feel good about being back. The whole reason I hate trying to connect with people on the Internet can be summed up in what you posted.

Welcome back David :)

Don't worry about Sam, he's just suffering from "exam stress". He found out he's not allowed to use Wikipedia to come up with the answers :D

Exam stress? All is forgiven, Sam. Geez. I've tried to block those memories heh heh heh.

I prescribe you lots of sex. That's about the only thing that can cut it - other than exams being over. If you've got a GF you can tell her a guy with a wife and four kids told you... no wait that's a bad idea.

And thank you Fishybawb! for making me chuckle and realize what's going on, and pkostrze for the well wishes, and Classic for always spotting something memorable :)

sam fisher said:
So much for a warm and welcoming community.

Back