It's arrived!!!

richiz

My Pandora arrived two seconds ago!

It's amazing.

After all the pictures, all the videos and all the dreaming...I CANNOT believe how small this bad boy is.

It's frigging erotic!!

Off to the shop to get an SD card adapter so I can test this bad boy out. Upon my return will maybe do a little video playing Bubbman 2, maybe some PSX emulation and Baldurs Gate.

F**k me they got it right, the OP bastards smashed the nail on the head.

So for as much as I've moaned on here over the last 2 years 8 months I bloody love you.

***Also anyone know if the refurbs need to be charged for like 8 hours before use?

Last edited by a moderator:
My Pandora arrived two seconds ago!

It's amazing.

After all the pictures, all the videos and all the dreaming...I CANNOT believe how small this bad boy is.

It's frigging erotic!!

Off to the shop to get an SD card adapter so I can test this bad boy out. Upon my return will maybe do a little video playing Bubbman 2, maybe some PSX emulation and Baldurs Gate.

F**k me they got it right, the OP bastards smashed the nail on the head.

So for as much as I've moaned on here over the last 2 years 8 months I bloody love you.

***Also anyone know if the refurbs need to be charged for like 8 hours before use?

Congrats my friend.. more than happy to share in the excitement (where the **** is mine!) any chance you could fire up a bit of Alien Resurrection (if of course you have it, i do love that game)

Congratulations! I usually charge things with rechargeable batteries for eight hours then let them run till they die, then recharge them fully, and that has served me well so far but different people have different opinions on that.

I'm in two minds about the whole re-furb business. But ultimately OpenPandora deserve the cash, and have shifted products that they couldn't have sold as "new."

Also, every new Pandora user brings with them the potential to make the platform better for all of us.

So, welcome to the club... even though I'm not in it. And I hope you find the time to give back to the community, if you haven't already! I must admit, I've no idea who you are! I need to stop typing.

I don't mind that OP's selling refurbs, so long as they identify them as such (which they are). In fact, I like it. Better than having a bunch of boards they can't sell as new hanging around. If they wanted to, they could've just not refurbished them and sold them as is. Just shows how hard everybody works.

Congrats mate! Still waiting for mine, unfortunately UPS decided it would be delivered only tomorrow (duh). I was checking my email every 2 minutes all day, to no avail :( Finally got the email from them at 4pm, they deliver it tomorrow at work. Oh boy it's not gonna be a productive day.

Expect a similar thread from me tomorrow :p

And we'we waiting for that video / review! Come on, stop playing for a minute and post it! ;)

Does anybody else feel kind of like you wished that they'd sold these AFTER the first batch? I don't begrudge anyone their purchase, but I can't help feeling like I've been stood in the queue at the ice-cream van for two days, in searing heat, to then watch several other kids arrive and walk straight off with some creamy treats, licking the dew off of them right before my boiling eye balls.

I have to say, I am feeling slightly like this.

Also as I don't really have any spare cash at the moment I was not able to purchase one of these 'refurbs'

But hopefully mine will not be too far behind, ordered at around 21.30 on the first day.

In fact the closer it gets the more difficult it is to wait.

lucky.jpg

Does anybody else feel kind of like you wished that they'd sold these AFTER the first batch? I don't begrudge anyone their purchase, but I can't help feeling like I've been stood in the queue at the ice-cream van for two days, in searing heat, to then watch several other kids arrive and walk straight off with some creamy treats, licking the dew off of them right before my boiling eye balls.
Kind of. These are supposed to be refurbs though, which means they're the iced cream that has melted slightly. They still taste the same, but they aren't quiiiite right. Except apparently they didn't melt nearly as much as originally suggested so no one is noticing all the ice crystals that normally form around melted and refrozen iced cream. There's the chance that there's some frozen chunks of ice in their iced cream somewhere, and if there is they can't really complain because they were told there might be at time of purchase, but so far no one has bit into one.

We were damned if we did and damned if we didn't with those refurb'ed units.

Although I'd rather this than us being found out shipping used units to new customers....

Got my (non-refurb) unit in Australia this morning. I've shown SUPREME force of will by not playing with it yet, despite working from home today.

Did open the box and first impressions are truly excellent. Love the form factor. No bowing on mine and the shoulder buttons are both great. The A button is a bit squishy but we'll see how it improves. Got a surprise when I took the battery out to look at the number inside, and the Pandora booted up automatically upon replacing it!

As long as it was fully functional, I would have taken a refurbished unit in place of waiting for mine. Just ship it to me in 7 days and I would be happy! I was about to take a one nubber until I was talked out of it. All I want is it to work and have a newer video cable so it would reduce the risk of having to ship it back overseas. Darn I wish I knew, maybe I could have gotten one.

We were damned if we did and damned if we didn't with those refurb'ed units.

Although I'd rather this than us being found out shipping used units to new customers....
I don't know. You go away for a week and miss all the fun.

Time to check the stalker.

I did kind of worry with my lowly queue position whether I might end up with elements of a previously enjoyed Pandora. Not sure what it is you've done but is sounds fair and "open".

Edit: and I'm not a fan of ice cream.

Back