It's Broken!

Feeg

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
:eek:

I've been out of the country for three and a half months. Just got my GP2x out of storage and plugged it into the computer, switched on USB and got this:

2xerror.jpg

I've tried it on a second computer and had a quick go at making it work in Linux.... but no luck!

I'm still away from my desktop machine, so i can't just use my card reader at the moment.

In retrospect I may have (theoretically) broken the thing ages ago and just never realised since I've only used the USB cable for networking, and my card reader for actual SD card access. :blink:

Any guesses as to what's wrong, or a possible solution?!

(edit because, forgot to mention, the same thing happens when I attempt to access to the NAND)

Some people had trouble with the USB cable GPH provided, so try another cable.

- Alex

Thanks, but I'm using a camera cable.

Pretty sure it works fine, but I'll have a hunt around to see if I can find another cable around here..

Errr..

/edit
You're my fuckin' hero Alex.

It was a dud cable wherever it came from. I'm so glad these are so generic.. just found one lying around (visiting my parents atm) and it works fine.

Phew.

I can only get mine to work with the USB cable that came with. I have tired 3 others and get the error that you mentioned.

But atleast you got it going again. :D

Back