It's the most wonderful time of the year...

Do you like Christmas?

• Yes

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • No

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • So you're telling me there's a chance...

Votes: 5 21.7%

• Total voters

A spirit, swathed in wrapping paper and bound with ribbons, approaches. Hanging from his neck is a small tag bearing a single name. He speaks.
Apparition: "I am the ghost of Christmas present."
I have been reading about ancient traditions related to the dead, and this includes interacting with spirits (summoning them, sending them out to interfere in the affairs of the living, etc.*). This thread needs more ghosts. And death.

On that note, I just tried to watch The Nightmare Before Christmas. It is just as boring to me now as it was when it first came out. At least I made it most of the way through it this time.

*My favorites for the moment are "love spells" which are more like curses that only let up if the victim beloved goes to the lover.

I love christmas. Seeing my little boy's face in the morning when he sees the pile of gifts under the tree, his almost uncontainable excitement the night before, the decorating the tree with him, hanging lights in the windows, leaving minced-pie and carrot out for Santa and Rudolph, the whole Advent Calendar chocolate thing that he looks forward to every morning as the excitement and tension builds... Love it, every day of the whole damn month.

And then there's the fact that making him happy makes his mum happy... Oh yeah.

Back