Itune$ - Sd Card - Pandora Music?

Mjlink

ithic.com
Website
www.ithic.com
Just wondering for people that are sucked into itune$ for a music archive, maybe because you have an iphone, ipod, or just like the interface (?really?) How are you planning on getting your music out of itunes onto an SD card for the Pandora?

I'm using a Mac and itunes for music right now. I don't like itunes, but i deal with it, Senuti is a must IMO. I'm sure there are several options out there, I would just like something easy.

Thanks in advance.

Peace & vapor

Link

Go to your user home directory, click on the "Music" folder, then on the "iTunes" folder, then "iTunes Music" and voilà! There are all your MP3/M4A stored in folders named after the bands and subfolders named after the albums.

immediate flashback to when I was fixing my sister's college computer and she insisted that her mp3s were "inside napster".

Just to cover the bases, there's a chance you mean that your collection was bought through itunes and you'd like to free it for use on other players. I that case, I believe there is some way to pay extra to have your bought collection freed of DRM (I think it's called itunes plus?) Of course there are always other options that are fair if you'd like to play your music on another device.

Is it really that hard to just type "iTunes" or "Microsoft" instead of "Itune$" and "Micro$oft"? It's not witty, it's not clever, and it just further entrenches Free software fanatics into their too true stereotypes. Thanks.

banjeed said:
immediate flashback to when I was fixing my sister's college computer and she insisted that her mp3s were "inside napster".
Well, yeah :p
Mac are pretty good computers, easy to use and all.
But os X tends to hide how he do things and use default file path without even asking you where you want those data stored.
That's why I love having a little experience with linux's console, I can use it on osX's terminal and see how it really work ;)
And I always look at those automagically created folders in the "home" folder to know their use.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for my use of $, I would have threw in a Euro sign, but haven't figured that out on this laptop keyboard & I don't think its in the initial ASCII 255 either,
EDIT: shift option 2 = itun€$ (I feel it is significant because Apple sells more music than Walmart and here an Appl€ for ya bossy.

anyway on topic: Its my understanding that my music is not stored in mp3 format with itunes but MP4-AAC? Pandora will play mp3s right? Or can I just pull the entire library off the Mac onto the SD and play it on Linux without first converting to mp3?

I'm sorry for posting this if there's some wonderful program that supports mp4-aac on Linux/Pandora.So basically drag/drop mp4-aac to the SD and that's it? You can close this if its that easy mods.

Maybe I should have some more hash oil?

Peace & oil crisis!

Link

PS I found Senuti helpful while I was separated from 15gb worth of music on CD in storage 3000 miles away, but those songs were on my iphone when I bought this dreaded macbook (which I'll take anyday over a PC). If I would have had a Pandora I might not be in this laptop situation but I had to make a move and I know it was the expensive aluminum one but viruses/malware etc with PCs is outta hand. There are also a few downloads that I have through the itunes store that I would like to have without DRM because DRM is for chumps.

Chest Rockwell said:
Is it really that hard to just type "iTunes" or "Microsoft" instead of "Itune$" and "Micro$oft"? It's not witty, it's not clever, and it just further entrenches Free software fanatics into their too true stereotypes. Thanks.

But micro$oft and iTune$ are all about the $$$. I like u$ing it and I find the $la$hdot anti-anti-micro$oft mentality irritating.

Hey, I make my living from $$$$micro$oft$$$$ and I still enjoying a good micro$oft ba$hing!

..though If I could get a decently paid job using linux - I would jump at the chance.

So chill out dude and let people have their anti microSoft fun!

Mjlink said:
Sorry for my use of $, I would have threw in a Euro sign, but haven't figured that out on this laptop keyboard & I don't think its in the initial ASCII 255 either,
EDIT: shift option 2 = itun€$ (I feel it is significant because Apple sells more music than Walmart and here an Appl€ for ya bossy.

anyway on topic: Its my understanding that my music is not stored in mp3 format with itunes but MP4-AAC? Pandora will play mp3s right? Or can I just pull the entire library off the Mac onto the SD and play it on Linux without first converting to mp3?

I'm sorry for posting this if there's some wonderful program that supports mp4-aac on Linux/Pandora.So basically drag/drop mp4-aac to the SD and that's it? You can close this if its that easy mods.

Peace & oil crisis!

Link

PS I found Senuti helpful while I was separated from 15gb worth of music on CD in storage 3000 miles away, but those songs were on my iphone when I bought this dreaded macbook (which I'll take anyday over a PC). If I would have had a Pandora I might not be in this laptop situation but I had to make a move and I know it was the expensive aluminum one but viruses/malware etc with PCs is outta hand. There are also a few downloads that I have through the itunes store that I would like to have without DRM because DRM is for chumps.
AFAICR I could play all the drm infected music I got from a friend without issue in linux, I just couldn't edit the tags. So yes, it should be drag & drop simple if the libraries are available in the angstrom repo.

Also, Yes to more hash oil ;]

and on the topic of PCs, you're only gonna have issues with viruses etc if ur running windows. Ubuntu is so easy to install & use that there's no real reason to get a mac just so you don't have to deal with viruses (but what's done is done I suppose ;])

i dont own DRM music, and keep my mp3s in a single folder. but it would would be cool to export the play counts and ratings for my playlists.
ive looked but nothing really suits me, so looks like it will just be a straight copy :/
still on the look out for a decent finger friendly music interface :)

I seriously don't get how people get so many viruses/trojans.
Know the source of your downloads. The only time I've ever gotten a serious virus was when I ran something from a dubious site. I don't do that anymore and I don't get viruses. It's not like it's that hard to tell if a site is trustworthy. It's like 419 scams - come on guys, use some sense.

Always funny to hear people say "I don't like program x but I use it anyway" just dont use it!

I do hope I can decently use last.fm with the music players linux offers. And I hope I can make the pandora into a type of squeeze box when I am at home with a BT remote (preferably my phone) to switch songs etc.

I am not a master programmer so I'll probably suck at making it happen and it will take ages but I have a lot of patience so that will be my project for the pandora (hopefully with your help) that said is there anyting foobar like on linux?

I don't know any linux music player implementing DRM, but never had any trouble to read any music on them.
Well any iTunes music bought since april 2009 is drm free, anyway...
And those linux players can handle far more music formats than iTunes.

I don't know why you apologize buying a MacBook and call it a dreaded.
As you can see I'm a MacBook owner, and I'm very proud to use it everyday.
It's an easy to use, pretty solid system to make some dev on it.
And os X is based off Unix! As long as the design suits you and you have enough money on your bank account, why you shouldn't you buy a mac.
Anyway, if you don't get ripped off by apple, you'll be ripped off by another hardware maker...

Bosbeetle said:
I do hope I can decently use last.fm with the music players linux offers.
Last.fm works great under linux, but without flash you won't be able to stream (at least not in the browser) on the pandora. Scrobbling works fine tho, and some programs support streaming from last.fm (Exaile might, but i've never used it so i can't confirm)

rabidpoobear said:
Know the source of your downloads. The only time I've ever gotten a serious virus was when I ran something from a dubious site. I don't do that anymore and I don't get viruses. It's not like it's that hard to tell if a site is trustworthy. It's like 419 scams - come on guys, use some sense.
Unfortunately trojans & viruses are much more advanced now. If your computer is simply connected to the internet you can be vulnerable. They scan for unprotected ip-adresses & hide themselves in packets. I had xp dual-booted on my eeepc and after only a couple days it was completely ravaged to the point where it was unusable. Never visited any malicious sites or the like on it, it just happened on it's own accord. Windows spawns viruses like mushrooms on cow shit.

Consequence_9 said:
Bosbeetle said:
Last.fm works great under linux, but without flash you won't be able to stream (at least not in the browser) on the pandora. Scrobbling works fine tho, and some programs support streaming from last.fm (Exaile might, but i've never used it so i can't confirm)

Ah thats fine I was talking about scrobbling and not so much the radio function

Consequence_9 said:
Bosbeetle said:

rabidpoobear said:
Unfortunately trojans & viruses are much more advanced now. If your computer is simply connected to the internet you can be vulnerable. They scan for unprotected ip-adresses & hide themselves in packets. I had xp dual-booted on my eeepc and after only a couple days it was completely ravaged to the point where it was unusable. Never visited any malicious sites or the like on it, it just happened on it's own accord. Windows spawns viruses like mushrooms on cow shit.
Very true, I installed Xp once and on first boot it had already been infected. at that point I wasn't aware that the OS connected to the internet before boot was completed. I forget what they called that virus Blaster or something but it caused the infected machine to take a random block of addresses and look for more PC's to infect. It was kinda nasty, but since I learned that, I have always installed free antivirus and Firewall programs (AVG and ZoneAlarm) and have never had a virus since. so that would be about 5-7 years or so. So yeah, viruses can be a problem, but just like SPAM and Phishing, there are ways to avoid it being a problem.

Mjlink said:

Peace & oil crisis!

Link

There are a ton of music players that can play the formats you have that are available in linux and I'd put money behind the pandora being able to play them at launch. And I know Apple's kind of a jerk for not presenting options during first boot but there is an option in it's settings to have it convert your music to mp3 rather than it's aac/mp4 format. I don't think it has the ability to convert them now, but looking forward, you may want to toggle that option. Much luck

KodeIn said:
I don't know any linux music player implementing DRM, but never had any trouble to read any music on them.
Well any iTunes music bought since april 2009 is drm free, anyway...
And those linux players can handle far more music formats than iTunes.

I don't know why you apologize buying a MacBook and call it a dreaded.
As you can see I'm a MacBook owner, and I'm very proud to use it everyday.
It's an easy to use, pretty solid system to make some dev on it.
And os X is based off Unix! As long as the design suits you and you have enough money on your bank account, why you shouldn't you buy a mac.
Anyway, if you don't get ripped off by apple, you'll be ripped off by another hardware maker...
I enjoy the Macbook, the dreaded part came from the fact of buying out of necessity when my desktop stereo system died. It was an old Sharp that had a Minidisc recorder built in.

Look forward to getting the Pandora and using it for music as well as gaming.

Thanks for the replies folks!

Peace & surf,

Link

I will wager that any music management/player program that is ported to the Pandora will play a plethora of formats including the Apple ones, I use Foobar2000 on my PC and it plays everything pretty much. (Too bad its not open source, I'd love to have it on the Pandora).

Oh, I know your pain...
When my minidisc recorder walkman died, I lost lots of music, and had to buy a new pocket music device. <_<

Back