Music Player

blopdak

Still Fresh
Are there any existing or does and have a Itunes or Winamp like music player in the works? I bought a 32gb SD card for my wiz to act as a portable music player. Most of my music is unorganized, and one feature that Itunes and Winamp have that I like is building a music library which can be sorted and searched through the program. Does anything exist like that? Does anyone have any plans for one?

blopdak posted on May 26 2009 at 03:42 PM said:
Are there any existing or does and have a Itunes or Winamp like music player in the works? I bought a 32gb SD card for my wiz to act as a portable music player. Most of my music is unorganized, and one feature that Itunes and Winamp have that I like is building a music library which can be sorted and searched through the program. Does anything exist like that? Does anyone have any plans for one?
Good luck with that, not even the psp has a system like that. Hell, most Mp3 players don't have systems like that. Winamp and Itunes were designed specifically for computers and with large amounts of media in mind.

The wiz, however, is a small, portable device for on-the-go gaming. And seeing as how most of the development is done in part time, I seriously doubt the Wiz will be a competent media player any time soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry if I was unclear, but I mean a simple way to navigate categories such as Artist, Song, Album etc. much like the iPod, not necessarily a search function. My wording was poor.

blopdak posted on May 31 2009 at 04:04 PM said:
Sorry if I was unclear, but I mean a simple way to navigate categories such as Artist, Song, Album etc. much like the iPod, not necessarily a search function. My wording was poor.
I started a thread asking about a different music player, sorry I missed your thread.

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=48021

Right now there doesn't appear to be any player other than the one that comes with the Wiz.

You're describing browsing by tags. That would be nice; right now I'd settle for playlist support.

blopdak posted on May 31 2009 at 04:04 PM said:
I started a thread asking about a different music player, sorry I missed your thread.

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=48021

Right now there doesn't appear to be any player other than the one that comes with the Wiz.

You're describing browsing by tags. That would be nice; right now I'd settle for playlist support.
I'd settle for something that can get louder than the wiz's default player. >.>

Or maybe one that isn't slow?

blopdak posted on May 31 2009 at 03:04 PM said:
Just FYI, ommpc, which I plan on trying to bring over from the GP2X, does support this...search too.

Back