.spc Music Player Possible?

DaveC

Internal Development
I have seen players for SNES game music modules (.spc) for the PC. It would be cool if there was a player for the GP32 as well. As it looks we will never get a SNES emu with good sound, it would be nice to at least have a player that can do it. All of those Castlevania IV tracks etc would be nice to have on the GP32.

An .spc is like an Amiga soundtracker mod, but for SNES. We now have a player that does .MODs (Amiga) and SID music (C64), now how about SNES?

lizard808uk posted on Oct 6 2004 at 07:34 PM said:
You already can!! If you load up .spc files in Yoyofr's opensnes9x they will play. ;)

I just tried it. Seems ok, it does glitch a bit once in awhile though It would still be nice to have a stand alone player that would do it without the overhead of an emulator, and a better music specific interface (fast fwd, pause, loop, playlist, basic music player stuff like that).

Last edited by a moderator:
All known SPC Players use modifications of either the SNES9x or ZSNES sound engines, where OpenSNES9xGp uses the SNES9x sound engine of course. So if anyone could port a SPC player that uses the SNES9x sound engine, it would a boon to OpenSNES9xGp, but considering yoyofr is having porting it himself, it may be a more difficult task then it seems.

For now, our best bet would be to convert the SPC files to MP3s using Winamp and a SPC player plugin. I've done this in the past with SPC, PSF, etc.

maybe someone who knows what they're doing could impliment pausing, fast-forwarding, and re-winding emulation in yoyo's emu

diablo2 posted on Oct 25 2004 at 02:13 AM said:
maybe someone who knows what they're doing could impliment pausing, fast-forwarding, and re-winding emulation in yoyo's emu

If the format (and player) works like I think it does, it can't be too hard to implement those things.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back