I've Lost My Usb Lead - Can Anyone Point Me In The Right Direction

jdspinks

Still Fresh
As title - have lost my usb cable - Wiz is now drained of power. I have been around a few mobile and computer stores looking for replacements. Also checked a few online GP2X stores and they have them on backorder. Anyone know where else I could try or what the motorola model usb is so I can start searching for that?

Thanks in advance

JD :wiz:

Its an important point: without that cable, your Wiz is useless. Curse that dratsy EXT2 port!

jdspinks said:
As title - have lost my usb cable - Wiz is now drained of power. I have been around a few mobile and computer stores looking for replacements. Also checked a few online GP2X stores and they have them on backorder. Anyone know where else I could try or what the motorola model usb is so I can start searching for that?

Thanks in advance

JD :wiz:

Hi!

They are available in EvilDragon's shop (Germany). look here.
Or you can use a Samsung cellphone charger, e.g. fo the E810.

Regards,
Stephan

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Sbock - thanks for reply. I'll be able to find a E810 lead now, fingers crossed that will work. I appreciate your help.
hack, hack, hack - I agree curses for EXT2 port - I've found every type of USB lead in my house except the one that counts!!

Cool! Would you please repot that is 100% work! Is it universal? Or should I ll be careful ,I wanna order those myself but we have 220 V electrical standard in Croatia , and you have 110 V I belive in Australia?

I got the lead today and have successfully charged my wiz :D
Massive thanks to you all, especially Sbock !!
JD

did you have to modify the e810 charger as shown in the wiki or does it work out of the box?

I was thinking of buying one, but don't know how to modify it (never done it) or have the stuff to do it.

thanks for the info, I will start looking for one.

I also read on the wiki there appear to be different versions of the e810 charger, is that possibile?

Yeah, mate. There was an old one where the end of it looked like this (we can't use it for Wiz obviously)...
incarsample.jpg

And then the newer-current ends (Wiz compatible) looks like this...
Samsung_E810-auto-punjac.jpg

EDIT:

Note: Samsung E810 mobile phone car chargers examples used.

jdspinks said:
Hey Sbock - thanks for reply. I'll be able to find a E810 lead now, fingers crossed that will work. I appreciate your help.
hack, hack, hack - I agree curses for EXT2 port - I've found every type of USB lead in my house except the one that counts!!

I bought a couple of these off e-bay too but it seems they only charge my Wiz. When I turn the device on while charging it starts up as if it were not on the charger. It does not come up and ask which memory I wand to connect to and I cannot transfer files.

Paul

Last edited by a moderator:
Back