Jailbreaking My Iphone

Nova

Is that a Caanoo in your pocket or are you just ha
Website
Visit site
So I'm bored, really bored and I decided it would be neat to Jailbreak my iphone. I have some questions though.

What are the benefits?
Is it safe? What with the recent hackings and such
How do I do it?
Can I do it on the mac?

Thanks guys

What are the benefits?

It's my understanding that jailbroken iDevices can run arbitrary code... or something. You don't have to put up with the "app" bullshit.
You could probably just Google "benefits of jailbreaking"

Is it safe?

Probably not.

How do I do it?

I probably can't answer this question on here, just Google "How did I jailbroke iPhone", and pray you don't get spammed to shit.

Can I do it on the mac?

Prolly. Google "Jailbreaking from a Mac"

You're welcome.

Most people will tell you some bullshit about SSH and non-Apple certified apps being great and all, but the truth is that SSH is useless for doing anything but putting ROMs in your emulator folders (it's impossible to play anything but turn-based RPGs with the touchscreen though, and if you don't have a 3GS don't even bother) and getting hacked, and non-Apple certified apps suck just as much.

There are a few useful apps for jailbroken iPhones but they all COST MONEY. Yeah, you jailbreak out of Apple's app store so you can buy shit from the JAILBREAK APPSTORE.

Oh, and EVERYTHING that is free has ads in it. They're everywhere. It's hard to even browse through the jailbreak store apps because there's like 5 giant ads in the descriptions.

The reason for the recent iPhone hacking is because the immensely popular SBSettings app automatically installs SSH, turns it on, and sets a default password and nobody changes it.

The only real reasons to jailbreak are if you like ricing out your iPhone with Winterboard (which kills your battery life) or pirating paid apps.

I only use one jailbroken app: VMCSettings. It changes the volume buttons into track change buttons.

Sounds like a sad state of affairs. I'd heard rumours, it sounds a bit like the internet 1998. Popups/ads everywhere and nothing quite works as it should.

I hope we can clean stuff up a bit with the icontrolpad + download page.

craigix said:
Sounds like a sad state of affairs. I'd heard rumours, it sounds a bit like the internet 1998. Popups/ads everywhere and nothing quite works as it should.

I hope we can clean stuff up a bit with the icontrolpad + download page.

Is the iControlpad still go Craig? I've been looking forward to it for ages, and for me, to be able to play emulators on my iPhone is the main reason for jailbreaking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back