Java

Sure there are JVMs for arm, Kaffe runs on the Sharp Zaurus (which uses a StrongARM processor), even Sun's JVM does afaik.
(Those just don't come with an sdl interface there i think)

The GP32 only used Waba (I think it was called?), some cut down version of Java. ph0x (original GPScumm porter) ported it. As for the GP2X... no developments yet as far as I know.

I've been looking into the ARM architecture a little for school and I've come across a neat little feature called Jazelle(sp?). From what I've seen from ARM that allows the two ARM processors in the 2x to run up to 90% of Java bytecodes. I know that it requires a little additional software but I"m sure that we could find that if we all looked into it.

Then again I could be totally wrong since it's late in the semester and my brain is fried, way to big of a program due on Friday that I've barely started :eek:

Ha, just wanted to post a Thread concerning JAVA.

I'd also like to see JAVA running on my hopefully soon arriving GP2X. I know that there is IPAQs running Linux and Java so it should be possible. Looking a little bit into it I came across:
http://jamvm.sourceforge.net/

Unfortunatly I know nothing about porting programs like this. I contacted the author on the whole topic, we'll see what his opinions are, I'll post as soon as I get an answer.
Anyone want to try to port in the meantime :rolleyes: ?

Back