Joystick Going Bad.....how To Fix?

dcpmark

Still Fresh
Well, my GP2X joystick sometimes doesn't respond going to the left. I have to wiggle and jiggle it sometimes to get it to register and begin working again. Are there any fixes I can do myself, or does the whole joystick need to be replaced/repaired by a pro? If so, who does the work here in the US?

TIA

dcpmark said:
Well, my GP2X joystick sometimes doesn't respond going to the left. I have to wiggle and jiggle it sometimes to get it to register and begin working again. Are there any fixes I can do myself, or does the whole joystick need to be replaced/repaired by a pro? If so, who does the work here in the US?

TIA

do you have the stock cap?

i had same problem and the custom cap (with "GP2X" written on it) seems to solve the problem; i think if you increase the area of the thumb pad you could get same effect? - try cutting a circle out of some stiff cardboard and sticking that onto your stock joystick :)

course the custom cap is very cheap anyways!

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the same problem with my cap.. If you look at it, does it appear as if the cap is touching the surface of the GP2X when you push it all the way to the left?
That's the problem I had and needed to raise it, so I put a tiny bit of paper inside of it, and then it was just as new again. (Also stops the cap from falling of all the time) :)

Thanks, guys.....it WAS hitting the left side. I just pulled off the cap, put it back on again but not so far down, and it works great again!

Back