Joystick Repair Or D-pad Mod

Woodenknife

Still Fresh
my gp2x' joystick finally gave and wont move at all does anyone know where I could get it replaced with a d-pad or just fixed I live in the US
if not does anyone know if I could just use it with a cradle and use a usb controller to navigate the menus
any help would be appreciated thanks

Woodenknife said:
my gp2x' joystick finally gave and wont move at all does anyone know where I could get it replaced with a d-pad or just fixed I live in the US
if not does anyone know if I could just use it with a cradle and use a usb controller to navigate the menus
any help would be appreciated thanks

often the joystick has just become displaced/dislodged, if you "wiggle it about in a turning fashion and at an angle" it should click back in place - there is a thread about this but the descriptions afaik are not very much clearer than mine!

Last edited by a moderator:
its already went through all that and wont work at all anymore it remains depressed and barely pops back out only to fall back in once any pressure is applied

I'm not sure how many times I can describe broken joystick either but thats what it, is no popping back out, no jiggling it to fix it, no response, no anything just plain old broken, non working, jigglefix proof, pop out proof, getting it to work again proof, drug out and beaten broken (not that I threw it or anything just enthusiastic gaming, let the wrong jackass press the joystick in once and it gave a few months after so yes I went through the whole pop it back out phase with it)
All I want to know is if there is a place in the united states of america where I might be able to get it fixed or somebody who knows a guy who can mod the damn thing with a d-pad thats it
again thanks for any help

I'll get right on that buddy :p , anyone have a turtle shell rattle I can shake while I'm at it? :D

grahf said:
I dont have the links handy, but if you do a search on the forums you can turn up the part number for the stick. I found a few places in the US that sold them.
Thanks man I'll look around

Last edited by a moderator:
Back