Jtag Flashing For Windows

Robster

Dodgy hardware mod maker
Website
www.cobbleware.com
Hey all,

I've now updated my page at cobbleware.com with a prettier JTAG flashing page. There is now software for flashing in Windows (ooo-er! :D) and also a "mini-bios" that Mr Spiv provided, to speed the process up.

Now, I've had a problem with a couple of browsers (Opera and Konqueror, both on Linux), that they didn't update the cascading style sheet for cobbleware and so the menu wasn't showing correctly. If you load the main page at cobbleware and click on the "GP32" button, the menu at the left-hand side should look like this:
snapshot3.jpg

If it doesn't have the "JTAG Adapter" button, you'll need to refresh the CSS manually. To do that, click on this link: GP32 CSS and when it has loaded, click the "refresh" button in your browser. Once it has loaded again, you can re-load cobbleware.com and it should look correct.

Anyway, let me know how you get on with your flashing adventures! :)

Wow, this is really great!!
I was asking for something like this a long time ago. Looks somehow complicated to me though.. hope i never need it :D
But if i ever misflashed, I'm sure that I would find the parts + someone who could solder the stuff together.... and after successful reanimating my GP32, I probably would shout "it's alive.... ALIVE'

If any misflashers gives it a try, it would be cool to hear about their quest!!

Wow looks great, but where do you get the GP connector part? Seems like a hard thing to find. When you say like 100R for a resistor do you mean 100 ohms?

Do you think you could update the site with a more detailed description of modding a chatboard for GP32 use? The big picture on mr.spiv's site has an area that looks slightly confusing.

Meonlyeviler: yes, 100R means 100 ohms. Quite often you see "R" or "E" used instead of Omega as the ohms symbol, because support for the Omega character is a bit patchy.

Daz_Genetic: I may get a chatboard at some stage, and if I do, I'll put up a page about it. But it's a very simple job, what don't you understand?

Well, if you look at the picture on mr.spiv's site, you can see that the orange cable is soldered to a white cable and is also connected to a resistor or something. I can't tell if the resistor is desoldered on one end, or if it still makes a connection to the PDB on the right hand side.

Btw, I've never actually seen the insides of one of these in real life, so it might be easy once I've actually looked, but right at this moment, It looks confusing.

I may hack one of these together someday. BTW does anyone know where to get that funky connector for the GP32 side?

Back