Just bought a GP32

Today I got my SMC :D I dont know yet what to put on it, but I am open to try anything if you have any suggestions?!

Not yet, I´m still working down my way through the list with review-reading - and of course I am easily distracted too (fumbling with Frontier Elite 2 on the Wiz).
If I had a spare card i would try my luck on Quake and DukeNukem3D just to see how the clickety click joystick does :)
Following a tip I received from stoni in August, you might want to try out Super Plusha ;) http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/gp32.cgi?0,0,0,0,35,1071

OMG that was the cutest game Ive seen in a long while :D Thank you! Will defiantly try that one out!
I am also easily distracted by other gaming devices lol :) Right now when I have soft modded my old wii, there are TONS of stuff to try out. I have a chip in my wii also, but softmod is something else. Ive been playing lots of games I had from when I transfered them over to my external HD. so much more convenient and I dont have to think about the discs getting scratched. They can just sit on the shelf for display :)

edit: lol, you know what? I tried the game now instead, it looked sooo cute. I just had to :D and man, is it cute and fun! this is a keeper on my SMC for sure! http://i.imgur.com/7SBHDkI.jpg (excuse the mess in my office so many projects going on lol)

Last edited:
Very good :) glad you like it too :)
BTW, I see you have such a protective case for the SMC :) Looks useful. As could be expected, a SD card one is too small. When I get a spare card, so far, I only have a remotely fitting plastic bag...might be a good idea to look out for a card with such case :)
PS My main distraction atm is Dosbox + Wolfenstein standalone fan versions. Some are very very good, some are just brawlers :D Will try to see if they work wtih GP32 WS interpreter, too, but I think they won´t, they were made for DOS PCs but when I get the game files only and rename them....hmmm.

Ah, yes! The protecting case for the SMC is great. I can easily fit both my cards in there. Very good especially because its so hard to find other cards now a days. I hope you find such case yourself!
Let us know if you get the game going on GP32 :) Never tried Dosbox, is it for PCs? There is an app for Macs that is called Boxer(app.com) it is great for old DOS games. I haven't played around that much yet with it, but from what I remember it was really cool. Maybe I should try it soon again..if I can find the time :p

I still use my GP32 for playing gpRogue - it's the most playable version IMHO - it works really well with the reduced controls. I wished it could be ported to the Pandora...:(

The other game I really enjoyed on the GP32 was Nazca Dreams...

Reactions: =E=
Its been a while since I was in here. Just wanted to wish you all a merry Christmas :D
[doublepost=1482538935,1482538751][/doublepost]
PS My main distraction atm is Dosbox + Wolfenstein standalone fan versions. Some are very very good, some are just brawlers :D Will try to see if they work wtih GP32 WS interpreter, too, but I think they won´t, they were made for DOS PCs but when I get the game files only and rename them....hmmm.

Hello :) How did the Wolfenstein work out for you, did you get it to work with the GP32 the standalone fan versions? Please do tell!

Merry Christmas :)

Sorry, I have never tried those yet, main reason is lack of any direct sunlight in this rainy Christmas season :D but if they are in wad-format, or if the wads can be "extracted" from them, probably might work.
I will give these a try after the Christmas days on the Nokia n-gage and on the GP32
TBH it is more convenient in non-direct winter sunlight, to play them on Pandora, or pC, with DoxBox;)

Reactions: =E=
If the wolf3d mods are not source mods just modified .WL* files, then you should be able to try just replacing the files :)

If they were source mods there would be a bit more work to be done...

Back