Just curious - Question for Exophase

I've wanted to slap people before.......

But not for this thread.  Very interesting   :)

I've been recognized in public.  But then they run off screaming........ weird   :p
You should give them warning points for being fanboys.

Also got used to be called by my nickname when I was playing in a clan...

I've wanted to slap people before.......

But not for this thread.  Very interesting   :)

I've been recognized in public.  But then they run off screaming........ weird   :p
You should give them warning points for being fanboys.
Hmm... then everyone in this forum should get one for being a Pandora fanboy  :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm used to be called Ed or EvilDragon ;)
While I often refer to you as ED on the boards,  I've always mentally pronounced it as Ee-Dee when I read it. (or mentally expand it to EvilDragon)   Then I was speaking to Jacquelyn on the phone one day and she referred to you as Ed,  and I couldn't help thinking it sounded wrong. :)

- Neelix

Very weird experience as until I said "just call me Kev!" he continued to call me "Poke" which is weird when talking to someone directly IRL IMO.
I keep thinking of Lord of the Rings - you know, how most of the "important" characters in it such as Gandalf or Aragorn have different names that they're known by in different parts of the world.

I keep thinking of Lord of the Rings - you know, how most of the "important" characters in it such as Gandalf or Aragorn have different names that they're known by in different parts of the world.
Depending on the location people call me "the long haired blonde guy", "hey!", "David", "strange one", "the little bass (regarding voice and not fish...)", "the drum maker", "Gmork" or indeed "Klumpen".

These translated in different languages already give a few names.

I do not use names very often and just communicate without them but I hate it, when people use online nicknames offline and some do it even after years again.

OnTopic: I actually had these moments when some musicians saw some of my instruments on a session and talked about wanting one.

Me: "Btw: I made them, come visit the workshop and test some more before buying one that fits you."

Person: *big eyes* Woah, great stuff, I'll come around and here take the upcoming CD from my Band for free, it's in stores sometime next month. ^^

I wonder, if you programmers get spontanious presents too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back