Just Got It

There wasn't much to put on the CD so they didn't put one with the machine.
Craig said that the CD was something that GPH told him would come with the machine that's why he had it on the site as things that come with the GP2X.

Yes

Note: this made sense until the previous message was edited

Belive me, it'll be worth the extra days wait.
you'll love it, but remember, be patient!

So I dont think Windows XP (SP2) is reading the USB connection.

Also when I go to Settings and go to USB it always says the USB is connected !? Even when its not..

even if it does, it'll only see the sd card [that you havent got] anyway.

plus most cant get it to detect in windows, plus it drains your batts, and it's slower than a card reader

So I dont think Windows XP (SP2) is reading the USB connection.

It only works when you have an SD-Card inserted and started the USB in the settings section, as...

Also when I go to Settings and go to USB it always says the USB is connected !? Even when its not..

... this is not an information whether USB is on or not, it TURNS USB on :)
But only, if an SD-Card is inserted.

Last edited:
alright thanks. Hey Im not getting a reader. Im getting the SD card that flips and has a USB port on it (which is also great for school (plus im getting a laptop on Thursday which (i think) has a build in reader! B)

Alright.....I didnt know it wont detect anything unless theres a SD card in the GP2X. Thanks for the info. I got scared for a bit that there might be a problem with the cable.

Oh and about the USB connected screen. How come it has an X button and says disconnect? Is that when theres a SD in and your connected, you can disconnect the cable safetly? (like the ipod eject button on itunes?)

Back