Just Got My Gp32 But, Need Help

rpgchocobo

Chocobo Tamer
Website
Visit site
Hi, I just got my GP32 and it overclocks to 160mhz in opensnes9xgp or whatet it is called. Now, I want to link it to my macon os x 10.2.8. I downloaded the maclink software on Mr. Spiv's website. Now, I need help setting it up. In the readme i get kind of lost on what to do :blink: . Any straight forward directions? I don't have a SMC reader either so I depend on getting this to work! Thanks

Maclink is a commandline tool.. open your terminal & favourite shell and run Maclink from it. Unzip Maclink to such directory (or folder whatever), which is in your path so that the shell can locate it. There is no setup required.

I found uot what the terminla and shell is. I loaded the maclink file unzipped into the terminal. Then I get a bunch of keys that I can use to work with the gp32. SO, I used dl [-x] gppath. After the gppath I put my file in parenthesis with one space apart. When I hit return it says not match. How do you get your maclink working mr. spiv? Sorry, but I am quite new to terminal and maclink and stuff.

Ouch :blink: Anyways.. for example to create a GP:\GPMM directory type:
maclink mkdir /gpmm
And then to create a GP:\GPMM\GPENGINE directory type:
maclink mkdir /gpmm/gpengine
And if you want to copy a ROM.PCE file there type:
maclink ul /gpmm/gpengine/ ROM.PCE

If you want to copy e.g. FOO.MP3 file from GP:\MP3 to current directory type:
maclink dl . /mp3/foo.mp3

etc..

[-x] and so on mean optional parameters.. like
maclink ls -l /gpmm shows detailed directory listing from GP:\GPMM

I followed your directions to put one game called DragonballGP(fxe file I transfered). I even used the the same directions for the example with the GPengine. I made all the correct spaces in the maclink program. Then a message in terminalcalled maclink:command not found. My GP32 is in PC link mode and on the GP32 it says waiting. Terminal is driving me crazy!!! What is wrong with what I tried? Do you think I should buy a card reader instead?

You might want to read some docs / help pages about the terminal.. it's a powerful tool for a lot of things. For starteds try typing
man bash or man tcsh
I don't know if the all around help system has anything to say about terminal.

SMC reader/writer is always a good choise. I can recommend.

Back