Just Ordered A Willem Eeprom Burner

___

Advanced Member
okay, I just ordered a willems burner, pcb revision 5.0 so that I can start hacking. If anyone has any cool suggestions what to build using eeproms or what I could possibly hack, please fire away.

My first evil deeds will be:
-upgrading my neogeo mvs to unibios.
-creating a couple of vectrex carts with homebrew games
-possibly recreating a snes game cart (seiken densetsu 3 and maybe something with a special chip using a starfox cart)
-fuzebox http://www.ladyada.net/make/fuzebox/ because 8bit is all you need and microcontrollers are cool.

I am sure there is a lot of other cool stuff that can be made.

Discuss!

That programmer sure looks versatile. I've got a fuzebox but haven't done anything with it yet, because I don't have a usb programmer. Should try to find a cheap one and start programming some 8-bit goodness :) .

Also, recreating a SNES game cart sounds like a great idea, especially if you have a SNES.

Hehe yes. Owning a SNES would be essential for the recreation process, infact I have two. If you don't have a usb programmer get yourself an eeprom burner for cheap. You can do way more with that than just program your fuzebox. Did you get an enclosure for it? I saw that enclosure that comes with the kit and that looks really decent. Can't find it as a single part though.

I got my fuzebox from the sparkfun's free day :) , so I don't have a enclosure for it. Where did you get your willems burner from?

I just bought it on ebay. Seriously, they're pretty cheap there. They'll send it from thailand. I would recommend the seller but I haven't received the goods yet, so I'd like to confirm that it is working and the pcb is properly populated as a couple of willem burners I've seen were assembled by hand.

Back