Just Ordered My Pandora

LVNeptune

Still Fresh
Finally paid for my Pandora. Ended up being $450 with express shipping including a case, tv out, i think one other accessory?

LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS BEAST! The youtube videos with the N64 emu and stuff are freaking awesome. I am a hobbyist when it comes to this stuff, not a gamer.

I have been trying to find time to learn programming and I think this as well as Dreamcast are going to be the first attempts at programming.

Congratulations! :) And the best of luck with your programming endeavours, too. (And welcome aboard, as well!)

Id think you would'nt be saying woot until you actually got it.......
just saying.....

Congrats. Are you a second batch pre-orderer? I think that it's a good position to be in. Once the problems of the long delays and issues with the first batch are solved, the second batch will be completed in a matter of months, basically as fast as they can build them.

typs lik dis said:
Yea, but I sttill dont think ur express shipping would be worth it......
Why?

UPS Express made it I would say about 10,000 miles in TWO days from England.

Totally worth it.

Go back to your cave Troll.

Peace & Pandora,

Link

Last edited by a moderator:
That's like a couple weeks less wait out of what? More than 50, most likely? I don't think a few percent faster are worth the amount of money required. Do the math and see how much money you paid per percentage point of speed increase. Nooooooot really worth it....

Not to mention insurance and tracking that come automatic with an express package.

I had AirMail through DHL in Germany take two months with a package. It contained an autographed copy of Pearl Jam's Gorge Box Set. I won this during a preconcert party at the Hard Rock in Munich. Rather than carry it around in my backpack for two weeks, I sent it home to the US.

I would have gladly paid for Express and tracking in hindsight. Rather than stalking my mail carrier daily.

Considering the price of the Pandora, I don't want it being thrown around for a few weeks taking the slow boat from England.

Peace & Pandora,

Link

Is loss/damage in shipping not covered by OP or the cheap shipping service? Unless that's the case, no problem, right?

As with everything (this is not Pandora-specific), airmail is pretty much always the at-your-own-risk option.

Mjlink said:
typs lik dis said:
Yea, but I sttill dont think ur express shipping would be worth it......
Why?

UPS Express made it I would say about 10,000 miles in TWO days from England.

Totally worth it.

Go back to your cave Troll.

Peace & Pandora,

Link

They must have taken the scenic route.

Last edited by a moderator:
While I almost always opt for the cheap options when it comes to things such as shipping, in this case it's probably worth it. The bigger the ticket item, the more the safety and speedier shipping can really help.

I opted for the cheap shipping as I recall, and after waiting the ~2 years from originally planning on paying I don't think the extra wait was an issue. Me being cheap a second time (when I had to ship it to them for repairs) was a bad idea since it added probably 2 weeks to the overall wait there, so this time when I ship for repairs I'll be waiting until I can spare the extra for speedier shipping.

One thing I'm definitely too cheap for, the current assortment of bells and whistles. I found I hate TV Out cords, dislike using cases and so avoid when I can, and seriously doubt that a device that gets me through a day I'll remember to swap the batteries on just to charge a spare. But still, $450 for that and express shipping is pretty solid, seeing how useful the device is.

Back