Just Wondering..

Disco Devil

Still Fresh
If there is a Philips CDI emulator anyone knows of & if so could a port that ran decently enough on the Pandora be possible..?

I volunteer in a Oxfam store at the weekend, and today we had a donation of.. you guessed, it an almost immaculate CDI 220 in it's original box no less (with peace keeper gun & digital video cartridge) & a large box of over 50 games incl: Micro Machines, Mad Dog Mcree, Litil Devel, Lemmings, Flashback, Dragons Lair 1 & 2, Creature Shock, The Apprentice, Burn Cycle and many others, after a little fiddling around and hacking some appropriate cables together i was amazed to find that it works perfectly, and looks surprisingly good on my TV (great version of Dragons Lair)

Would it be possible on Pandora & would anybody else want it & more importantly be interested in doing it..?

Thanks.

EDIT:

just found something http://www.cdiemu.org/

Last edited by a moderator:
I was wondering about this earlier on When i browsed something on the net about the cdi. Dunno if its possible, but the more emulators the better.

http://www.cdiemu.org/

This is the only one I know, but it is commercial and closedsource. Also for windows :(

Yeah i linked this also, but in my excitement didn't read the details.. major disappointment, & such a shame we probably won't see an emulator.. just been testing some more games: Apprentice, Litil Devil, Who Shot Johnny Rock.. & they all look pretty damn good the colours especially Litil Devil/Apprentice etc just seem to pop right out of the screen & the sound quality is also top notch on everything i have tested, but i suppose this was Philips way of promoting it's tech back in the day.. never knew that there was this many decent games on the CDI though & from what i have seen so far the ones that are multiformat seem to be the best versions.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was also thinking about this system on the Pandora. I don't know of any emulators, but I would definitely want to play CDI on my Pandora just for fun. ^_^

It's probably a selling point that we DON'T have a CD-i emulator. Imagine exposing people to the three Zelda games?

It's probably a selling point that we DON'T have a CD-i emulator. Imagine exposing people to the three Zelda games?

Exactly what i thought (oddly enough none of the ones you mention are amongst the ones i acquired) but i have to say most of the specific CDI ones that i have tried so far are surprisingly decent & the ports (and FMV games) are also pretty good.

Back