JXD S7300 And S5600 on the way

Thanks for joining cazmiester, your more than welcome. Because i have not obtained my s7300 i am unsure at this moment in time weather playstore is pre installed. however i have pm'd the appropriate person who can deffinately answer this so i should be able to let you know soon. also ive just finished ironing out most of the sites kinks now so it should run alot smoother and the domain www.jxd7300.com is now live

Just remember the probs i had with the jxd s7100 pain even after rooting got rid of pretty quick though good controls

I have my S7300B since friday and spent a lot of time with trouble shooting.

The hardware feels solid, d-pad is quite good (1 piece, floating, a bit spongy).

The problem is the firmware. Not a single *.emu from Robert works, as well as other apps. I was in contact with him over the weekend, tested a number of debug binaries and he already found the root cause. The OS returns wrong bitmap values (eg. coordinates), which causes the crash. I suppose other non-working apps benefit from this feature as well. ;)

Second problem I have is the p-pad movement, which acts weird after some time (eg. cannot move right, before pressing left again). Seems to be another software problem. The firmware comes with a (freaking) touch screen button mapping tool. If I activate the virtual keypad and map the controls (back) to the hardware buttons, the problem does not occur. Of course, I prefer to play games with a keypad overlay. It's more Android like. :D

Bottom line so far. The hardware is quite nice (better than S7100), but the firmware has huge room for improvement.

Interesting stuff Yoshi.

Any gut feeling / actual figures on battery life?

How do the nubs & buttons feel / act compared to Pandora nubs & buttons?

Good to hear that the hardware quality is improving for these things.

It'll be interesting to see if the firmware problems are fixed by JXD, still it's early days, you can but hope that it might get a bit of support as it is the flagship product until the A15 version is released in 6 months that is ;)

Hmm, battery life. I can't really say, but it seems quite ok, from what I did.

The controls are not really comparable with the Pandora, everything is bigger. I'm pretty happy with them, especially compared to the other JXD/Yinlips devices I have.
Do the nubs work as separate analogue devices? If they do, are they easy to be used accurately?

Do the buttons have a 'nice' feel when used?

How is the HDMI out?

Don't bother testing anything to satisfy my curiosity but do please update us with your feelings about the device when you've used it for a bit longer.

Color me interested too. the gamepad is a no go for me, so Yoshi, please please keep us posted.

I wanna know :

- battery life

- are the nubs analog for real and separated from the dpad ?

Still not totally convinced think its vastly underpowered and as you said and as has been said on all the other forums the firmware seams to be a major stumbling block also with all these newer games ie hawken and riptide 2 needing higher spec hardware will this run them thats the million dollar question?

Here some info I posted in Dingoonity forum...

The (freaking) D-PAD issue is easy reproduceable. Tried with RetroArch (which has now customizable controls) and an older version of Snes9x EX.

Using the Super Famicom Controller Test cartridge...

Press left on the d-pad and press to the right without releasing it. Now it's stuck in the left position, until left is pressed again. It happens in all directions, as shown on the screenshot.

jxds7300bv11dpadbug.png

This should be fixed asap. It's very annoying. :(

While waiting for a fixed firmware, tried a couple of joysticks / joypads with NEO.emu...

PC Logitech F310 Gamepad (wired) OK

- Mode XInput

- LED is off

PC X-Arcade Dual Joystick (wired) OK

- Works fine, may require X-Arcade custom settings

PS3 Standard Dualshock 3 Wireless Gamepad (wired) OK

- Connected with USB cable

- LEDs constantly blinking

PS3 Hori Tekken 6 Wireless Fighting Stick OK

- Works fine with the wireless dongle

PS3 SNK Neo Geo Pad (wired) NOK

- Device detected

- Buttons not mappable

XB360 MadCatz SFIV Fightpad (wired) OK

- Mode LS

- XB button constantly blinking

XB360 Standard Wireless Gamepad with PC Wireless Receiver OK

- D-pad not mappable, analog stick works

XB360 HORI Tekken 6 Wireless Fighting Stick with PC Wireless Receiver NOK

- Device detected

- Stick not mappable

XB360 HORI Real Arcade PRO.EX Premium VLX (wired) OK

- Best stick ever made 8)

SNK Neo Geo X USB Joystick (wired) OK

- Works fine

Sega Saturn Standard Gamepad with Mayflash SS/N64/PS2 PC USB Adapter (wired) OK

- Works fine

Nintendo N64 Standard Gamepad with Mayflash SS/N64/PS2 PC USB Adapter (wired) OK

- Works fine

Sony PS2 Standard Gamepad with Mayflash SS/N64/PS2 PC USB Adapter (wired) OK

- Works fine

SNK Neo Geo AES Standard Joystick with Wolfsoft Retro Adapter (wired) OK

- Works fine (best choice for NEO.emu) ;D

Sega Genesis Standard Gamepad with Wolfsoft Retro Adapter (wired) OK

- Works fine

Sega Master System Standard Gamepad with Wolfsoft Retro Adapter (wired) OK

- Works fine (a bit difficult with only 2 buttons) ;)

Nintendo SNES Standard Gamepad with Retrode 2 (wired) OK

- Works fine

Sega Genesis Standard Gamepad with Retrode 2 (wired) NOK

- Device detected

- D-pad left/right not mappable

Color me interested too. the gamepad is a no go for me, so Yoshi, please please keep us posted.

I wanna know :

- battery life

- are the nubs analog for real and separated from the dpad ?
From what I could see so far, the battery drains much faster, when the device is really busy, eg. with MAME Reloaded. The left side of the tablet gets pretty warm too. Bear in mind, it's still a cheap device, not comparable with a Samsung product for instance. So I wouldn't expect too much from the battery.

The nubs are real analog (according to some tests). But with the pre-installed key mapping tool, the left analog is a mirrored d-pad and right analog is not even recognized (at least inside the emulators). Another reason for a custom ROM.

Looks like a surprisingly solid device. That dpad bug just needs to be fixed...

I am very interested in this device, certainly after reading the review. The bugs need to be ironed out before I will take the plunge though.. Hope the issue with the dpad is not a hardware issue. 

Looks like a surprisingly solid device. That dpad bug just needs to be fixed...
I'm not convinced t's a bug.  I can't replicate it on mine.

I think it could be hardware. 
Did you try that Controller Cart test, moving left and right quickly? I mean real quick, something what you do in shooters like Last Resort to survive.

PS: Your handheld collection is absolutely AWESOME. B)

Another major issue has been found. The screen refresh rate is locked to 50 Hz. Sound in RetroArch is absolutely terrible when playing a 60Hz game. This needs to be fixed as well.

The (freaking) D-PAD issue is easy reproduceable. Tried with RetroArch (which has now customizable controls) and an older version of Snes9x EX.

Using the Super Famicom Controller Test cartridge...

Press left on the d-pad and press to the right without releasing it. Now it's stuck in the left position, until left is pressed again. It happens in all directions, as shown on the screenshot.

jxds7300bv11dpadbug.png

This should be fixed asap. It's very annoying. :(
Solved !

JXD released a new firmware v1.3 today. The d-pad issue has been solved. :) Thanks god!

For the other bugs, we have to wait after chinese new year holiday.

Sooo ... should probably upgrade my Archos Gamepad for one of these then eh?

The d-pad issue has been solved. :)
Nice. Will probably order one then after the Chinese New Year. I have had some bad experiences ordering during this hectic period. Also prefer to order from a more well known and reliable site. 

Right cazmiester yesterday i promised you i would test out a few apps for you today unfortuinately this has not happened yet as i have been messing around trying to get the wifi to work there are a number of users who have experienced wifi connection issues, i unfortuinately was one of these so could not get on to playstore to try the emulators in question out for you. However i can happily say i have come across the solution for this which i have posted here http://www.jxds7300.com/thread/37/wifi-internet-issues?scrollTo=139&page=1 and on dingoonity.org incase anyone else encounters wifi issues. now this is all sorted out i can download and test the emus for you. ive got a football match at 08:45 and should be home around 23:00 so i will post the results in the early hours of the morning and try and get some vids of them for you so you can make your own judgements on there quality

Back