Kazuo Hirai - SONY PS3 PSN Relaunch Announcement

Nintendo

Nintendo Switch
I Love this guy!!! :wub:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/2tHl6O5Sp8w?feature=oembed

sony-logo3.jpg

Sony : We can make you believe that it wasn't our fault!

Oh, I just saw a tweet from a hacker.

If you had your PSN account connected to your facebook account, be aware that your facebook login and password were stored unencrypted too
laugh.gif

Facebook doesn't need Sony's help in sharing your supposedly private information, while aggressively pursuing the goal of having everyone on the internet ID tagged and monitored in a way that makes what was proposed in 1984 look utterly half assed. Given Chrome's sandbox was fully breached recently I can only imagine what a debacle ChromeOS is liable to turn into along those lines.

Sony contracted out Symantec, aka the people behind the Norton line of products, for these security upgrades. Getting their services back up will help stop the bleeding off of their customer base seen recently where there's been a marked increase in PS3 trade-ins with customers tending to either choose to get out entirely or switch to Microsoft's product. Personally I have serious doubts of them being able to stop another attack along these lines, and wouldn't be surprised if whoever is conducting the attacks now nailed their network again to prove the point.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Our upgraded system includes; less extremely out-of-date packages, less sensitive data stored as plain text files called CONFIDENTIAL_STUFF_PLEASE_DONT_LOOK.txt, a quantum of humility, ..."

"Our upgraded system includes; less extremely out-of-date packages, less sensitive data stored as plain text files called CONFIDENTIAL_STUFF_PLEASE_DONT_LOOK.txt, a quantum of humility, ..."

And of course, a firewall! For conveinience sake, we've opened poorts 22, 80, and 21 for all our customers!

Ok, that's not too bad. It requires attacks to an individual account, not a broad scrape of the entire database, and Sony can trace them: just lock down every account that had a password reset via email since the system came back online until they can sort it out. Much better than locking down the entire thing.

Back