Kernel And U-Boot Source

Orkie

Super Duper Mega GP Mania
Website
www.gp2x.dev
I am so angry about GPH not releasing the kernel source. I think I will just sit here whine about it on these forums constantly. Whatever is the world coming to when people can't read your mind, honestly.

Wait! What is this? All it took was for me to ask for the source and I got it within 2 working days?! I guess that wasn't so hard after all ;).

http://x11.gp2x.de/openwiz/linux-2.6.24-pollux-wizr245.bz2
http://x11.gp2x.de/openwiz/u-boot-1.1.6-wizr245.bz2

Apparently these are the sources for firmware 1.1.

Enjoy

Yes. Though I admit that the fact they already knew me might have helped somewhat ;).

The source seems to be more recent than firmware 1.1.0. It reads revision 245. The released firmware 1.1.0 is afaik revision 222.

Orkie said:
Yes. Though I admit that the fact they already knew me might have helped somewhat ;) .

I asked who you asked so that someone else could mail them next time if necessary.

Last edited by a moderator:
acheong at gp2x dot com is what I got off their website - happy now? Of course not.

sbock said:
The source seems to be more recent than firmware 1.1.0. It reads revision 245. The released firmware 1.1.0 is afaik revision 222.
I won't bother trying to get the exact revision used for 1.1.0 from them :D.

Orkie said:
acheong at gp2x dot com is what I got off their website - happy now? Of course not.

Dude can't you refrain from smart ass comments at all? I don't think that was really appropriate.

You got this source which was nice, you did Open2X which was good work, Couldn't you have just continued with the constructive things?

I know I will get flammed now but I don't care. I am not trying to attack here just trying to suggest for you to refrain from these un-needed quips just to make things better around here.

Thank you VERY, VERY, VERY MUCH, Orkie. You did a good thing for the community, and we all respect you for it. I hope we can put these sources to use in the very near future to make good things happen for us all.

(I'm with you DaveC, snarkiness: not necessary. Orkie needs a hug, I think.)

Seriously, it took me over a year to build up a friendly relationship with them - do people really expect me to start posting private e-mail addresses so these poor guys receive a load of demanding messages (which is exactly what would happen)? I too started with no contact with GPH in case you forgot, I am not in some special position ;) . Why people can't just be happy with getting what they want? That would make things a lot better around here.

I'm happy. Hope you can pull this stuff regularly out of them (and don't mind about being asked for that).

Still, I wouldn't call them "poor guys" for ignoring their responsibilities.

They did just have a new guy take over the firmware and I got this stuff off him, so with any luck it is a case of "start as you mean to go on" :D.

Now maybe the damn menu wrap thing at least could be fixed, this would make Gmenu2X actually useable.

Maybe it could also make something like open2X possible, there are not allot of apps yet to break so it could be a good time for that.

And yes Orkie we are happy with this, I can't code but it will help everyone, so thanks.

Back