Keyboard Issues

illusionx

Still Fresh
Anyone else having problems with stuck keys?

I got mine today and my number 3 and 4 keys would lie much lower than the other keys and the 3 key would stick down whenever I pressed it.

Obviously being completely mad I took the Pandora apart to try and figure out the issue.

It looks like during manufacture whats happened is the clear gloss on top the key didn't stay there and has ran down the back of the keys thus they look like they're lower but I think they're actually just physically smaller keys due to the lack of clear gloss on top. Using a fine sandpaper on the excess has restored my 3 key and I used a sharp knife to remove the much larger amount of residue that was on the rear of the 4 key which has cleared up the main issue of them sticking but I've still got the cosmetic issue of them looking a bit strange.

By no means a huge issue and an easy self fix.

OPT will it be possible for me to get a replacement key-mat at some point in the future? It's totally usable now so there's no great hurry but I would like to replace it for a pristine one at some point.

illusionx said:
Anyone else having problems with stuck keys?

I got mine today and my number 3 and 4 keys would lie much lower than the other keys and the 3 key would stick down whenever I pressed it.

Obviously being completely mad I took the Pandora apart to try and figure out the issue.

It looks like during manufacture whats happened is the clear gloss on top the key didn't stay there and has ran down the back of the keys thus they look like they're lower but I think they're actually just physically smaller keys due to the lack of clear gloss on top. Using a fine sandpaper on the excess has restored my 3 key and I used a sharp knife to remove the much larger amount of residue that was on the rear of the 4 key which has cleared up the main issue of them sticking but I've still got the cosmetic issue of them looking a bit strange.

By no means a huge issue and an easy self fix.

OPT will it be possible for me to get a replacement key-mat at some point in the future? It's totally usable now so there's no great hurry but I would like to replace it for a pristine one at some point.

We take a look at the keymat for this epoxy rests, but sometimes one slips through.
Good think you fixed it :)

Yes, we will sell keymats in the future :)

Last edited:
Back