• serif

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • non standard

• I don't care

• Total voters

Bronek said:
DejaVu Sans (copy of Vera, Arial, Helvetica) is free http://dejavu-fonts.org/wiki/index.php?title=License . And non-controversial.

I've been checking out Bitstream Vera derivatives as well, but can't find a quote that'd give me 100% certainty GNOME is OK if it's used on hardware. I've found that 'free' has wildly differing definitions when it comes to fonts;)

Looks like the safest bet, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
haptagud said:
I'm sorry, but if the commodore font wins AND is used I would seriously reconsider my order.
The pandora is a unique enough machine without having to resort to stupid fonts.
What's stupid about the commodore font? If you want helvetica, buy a laptop :D

(truth is, I don't care much about what the font will be like. I'd settle for Wingdings if it meant that the console would get released sooner)

xaim00 said:
It might be that "It wasn't me" is mistaken for an "I don't care" option.

However, I could be wrong.
Actually, that's exactly what happened to me. I guess I'm just so used to people trying to be funny in making polls like these. ;)

I voted "don't care" but now I do since everyone is going for "it wasn't me" :blink:
It's just ... hideous. Has Shaggy become a trekky and invented a font? The one in the render is maybe slightly too booky but that is going far too far in the other direction. Something plain and easy on the eyes like most keyboards I reckon.

It wasn't me and commodore 64 would both look like garbage. comon, guys.

I voted "I don't care" for the first two but I double-checked the post since "It wasn't me" didn't make any sense.

So, I was that guy who was missing from the otherwise uniform "don't care" vote.

Whoops. Accidentally voted for "It wasn't me" instead of "Don't Care" as I didn't realize it was an actual font. This is a time when it would be nice to be able to change your vote...

The current font, used on the latest render is hideous. I really hope the openpandora team don't go with that because it looks so tacky.

Back