Kof Series And Mamegp2x

eightpack

Still Fresh
Hi everyone!
Today my GP2X arrived and I'm very happy with it so far :)
Genesis emulator works fine. Now I tried the neo geo emulators, but wasn't able to get them to run (bit too complicated). So i dl the mame emulator port and copied kof94.zip, kof95.zip and the neogeo.zip (the bios file) into roms directory. I can select the games fine and when starting kof 94, everything loads fine. But then after loading the (assumingly) last step my GP2X obviously freezes, as nothing more happens and I can't reset it. This is exactly whats on my display when nothing more happens:

Loading "The King of Fighters '94"...
kof94_p1.rom
kof94_s1.rom
ng_sfix.rom
kof94_c1.rom
kof94_c3.rom
kof94_c5.rom
kof94_c7.rom
kof94_c2.rom
kof94_c4.rom
kof94_c6.rom
kof94_c8.rom
neo-geo.rom
ng_sm1.rom
kof94_m1.rom
kof94_v1.rom
kof94_v2.rom
kof94_v3.rom
Initializing CPU...
Loading Input Ports Settings...
Initilizing Memory Handlers...
Driver Init...
GP2X Port Init...
GP2X Sound Init...
Running Machine...
Video Hardware...

Any idea why there is nothing happening after this sequence? I'm sorry if this (or sth. similar) has been asked already, but im so exited that I can't use the search engine hours and hours till i might find sth. helpful.

Thx in advance.

eightpack

p.s: KoF95 only loads the first roms before prompting an error message.
I tried all 3 mame executives. And although the screen shows kof94_XXX the zip file contains numbers (055_c1.rom etc.).

You need the older romset. You're using the newer ones. Only KOF94 loads up right now.

You need to use clrmamepro to reconstruct the older rom files or find them on the web.
It won't work with current romsets.

Wow, thx for the quick replys. I'll try this program to convert the files into the old romset.

Would someone be so kind and post me an easy to understand instruction for clrmamepro? The readme doesn't help me very far and I was unable to find an old romset so far.

Thanks in advance :)

Well, did as the manual said, but still stops at the point mentioned above. And although it takes about 30secs for the files being rebuild, it's obviously only a change of names - the checksum crc's are the same as in the old zip file.
I'm afraid I'll never be able to enjoy my beloved kof '94 on gp2x :(

Back