Korean Users

$Elementchen$

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
i gotta a good question...I think

Ok so the System is from Korea. So there must be a bunch o korean users. I'm pretty sure that THIS site is just dedicated to the European and North American side of the Gp32. SO what about all the Korean users. Where are they? Is there any amazing things that they have brewed with their gp32. Maybe someone in Korea allready made a full speed snes emulator.Im not sure if this is a completely crappy question but ive never seen anyone ask it.....

Gamepark's official site (http://www.gamepark.com) and GPZigi (http://www.gpzigi.com) are the two major Korean GP32 hubs to my knowledge.

Last I heard the GP32 was getting trounced by the GBA in Korea. Of course, this was before most of the homebrew stuff came out, when there were only a few games for the console. I remember an article back then that said that a lot of Korean GP32 users were protesting on the streets in front of major Korean game companies to get them to make more GP32 games. However, those companies were saying that at least 100,000 GP32s have to be sold before they would consider it. At the time, the figure was about 15,000.

What the figure is now, I don't know... and somehow I don't think it's something that Gamepark wants to advertise otherwise they'd have done so already. ;)

The only thing I've seen come out of Korea on the homebrew front is a few small games with good graphics but mediocre gameplay like "Fire & Fire". There's probably more, though; I just haven't heard of it.

Ha ha While flying back to the US I was using my gp32 on the plane and some Korean guys saw me using it. They asked me where I got it from and I was like the UK but that They are made in South Korea. The guy was amazed and really wanted one I guess... He had never heard of it before. So maybe South Koreans just don't know... I bet North Koreans really don't know.

What about that Korean Saturn port didn't they have it running 2D games at full speed - did they ever get the 3D FPS upped? Someone must have a link?

Ha ha While flying back to the US I was using my gp32 on the plane and some Korean guys saw me using it. They asked me where I got it from and I was like the UK but that They are made in South Korea. The guy was amazed and really wanted one I guess... He had never heard of it before. So maybe South Koreans just don't know... I bet North Koreans really don't know.
A friend of me was last year in South Korea, but no one there knew of the gp32.

Last edited by a moderator:
i gotta a good question...I think

Ok so the System is from Korea. So there must be a bunch o korean users. I'm pretty sure that THIS site is just dedicated to the European and North American side of the Gp32. SO what about all the Korean users. Where are they? Is there any amazing things that they have brewed with their gp32. Maybe someone in Korea allready made a full speed snes emulator.Im not sure if this is a completely crappy question but ive never seen anyone ask it.....

Didn't you ask this question in the summer?

things change over time so if the same question is asked after a long period of time i think it's ok to ask it again as long as its not repetively asked

Back