Korea's Gp2x 500 Sets - Grandma Edition

I doubt very much GPH own the factory so surely it cant be there fault who the owner hires, It is better than child labour but not by much, Somebody actually told me they have there own factory for building these things which i can only assume is absolute shite.
From the way they have acted so far it seems that GPH dont really mind what the western countries actually thinkof them at all and at every turn are having to either make excuses or make ammends, It's a shame and i hope they sort it out or the GP2X could die very very quickly in the west as a big selling handheld (The whole point)

Sounds like GPH is in some dodgy shit here with its subcontracter of a subcontracter (etc... etc...) using solely granny labour...
I wonder what the advert for jobs in that factory reads? Why just old women? Strange...

It's not exactly abnormal for assembly work. Women return to work after several years away raising a family and assembly work is just one of the things you can get into with no experience.

It's also quite attractive to women. You typically are close enough to other workers for gossiping. There is often no heavy lifting and if you are lucky the corporate bullshit is far enough over your head that you can just come in, do your work and then go home without any drama.

I doubt there are many products that are assembled by hand that don't have a grandma involved somewhere along the line. At least all the electrical assembly lines I have worked on have had their share of grandmas. Most of them where pretty good as well, the best solderer I have ever worked with was a grandma and there where plenty more that weren't far behind.
Anybody inferring that being made by grandmas means it's not put together properly clearly has no experience of the industry.

Last edited by a moderator:
...or the GP2X could die very very quickly in the west as a big selling handheld (The whole point)

Big selling! LOLMAOROFL!

But I found out the truth about the manufacturing process.... :( :( :( :blink: :blink: :blink:

soldering8sf.jpg

I hope PETA never finds out... :( :( :(

Last edited by a moderator:
According to the guy who mentioned this,
First subconstractor was suck and they subconstracted to another subconstractor.
First 500 early ones for koreans are made by them, subconstractor's subconstractors.
And gph knew that, so nearly accused them and changed subconstractor.
Dont know it's true. But even if it's true, don't worry. The one you've got is later one. ;)

Back