Lack of information?

Oscaruzzo

Website
Visit site
I'm trying to understand what kind of libraries will be available for development on the Pandora.

In what kind of environment will the software run?

I've seen the UAE and MAME videos. What are they using to display graphics and manage input? SDL? If so, is SDL running on X11? Or on fbcon?

I see from their site that SDL1.3 will have a GL-ES based renderer (thanks to google summer of code). Will this be supported?

Also, what kind of gl-es implementation will be there? I guess it will be from imgtec, since they do the hardware. Is this driver available for free? Is it open? Can it be used at all? Or will we need to wait for an alternative implementation?

Also, will it be opengl-es1.1 or opengl-es2.0 (or both)? There are quite many differences.

I don't know if all this questions are premature. Maybe many details have not been decided yet, but if someone knows anything, it would be _nice_ to know :wink:

Fan based?! I'd prefer enthusiasts, its the original dev community, the spiritual home, I could go on... but I wont :lol:

Sad to see a question about developing turn into a forum v forum thread... :confused:

For what its worth Oscaruzzo, SDL 1.2 looks like it will be available from launch and part of the kernel.

This is not an argument, it's only to inform people as OP (and others?) seem to be confused.

The GP32x forums are the 'original' ones. When the Pandora news hit slashdot etc, said forum went down in flames, so this forum was created as temporary solution. Once the old forum was back on line, people asked to keep this forum until both can be merged.

Which gets merged into which.. no idea. But this is the reason why two official forums exist, atm.

Back