LAN/MULTIPLAYER across 2-4 Pandoras?

Greytega

Still Fresh
LAN / MULTIPLAYER across 2-4 Open Pandora

Hi guys, dont have a pandora yet but like most of us i do really want one. lol,

so my question is will it be possible to play games using 2 pandoras for multiplayer?

what i mean is, using diablo2 as AN EXAMPLE. I know(assume) that each Pandora has a MAC address and therefore can be assigned an IP address so it can join a network. (i dont actually know if diablo 2 can be used using wine, im new to linux so bear with me)

is the pandora capabale of hosting an lan game that other pandoras can see(on the network) and join ? I Do hope so, and if SO then we should start a LAN thread with tested games that work multiplayer because the only thing i can think of that is better than sitting in my room playing on a pandora, is me and a mate playing 2 pandoras together!

anyway you guys are all awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
ignoring that fact that the pandora can't run diablo 2, and can't run wine in teh sense you're thinking of (remember, wine is not and emulator), yes it can

the pandora behaves jsut like any other linux desktop in that respect (and most others)

ignoring that fact that the pandora can't run diablo 2, and can't run wine in teh sense you're thinking of (remember, wine is not and emulator), yes it can

the pandora behaves jsut like any other linux desktop in that respect (and most others)

Hi gfrancisdev, do you know of any games that the Pandora can play over a network

Hi gfrancisdev, do you know of any games that the Pandora can play over a network

too busy with life and writing software to actually play anything, but eduke should be able to multiplayer perfectly well, along with the quakes, and any other game with multiplayer unless there's some problem meaning it just doesn't work (pretty much if it has working multiplayer on a desktop version, it should on the pandora version)

there's even a couple of mmorpgs if you're into that kinda thing

too busy with life and writing software to actually play anything, but eduke should be able to multiplayer perfectly well, along with the quakes, and any other game with multiplayer unless there's some problem meaning it just doesn't work (pretty much if it has working multiplayer on a desktop version, it should on the pandora version)

there's even a couple of mmorpgs if you're into that kinda thing

Most of the ID software games as well as Aleph One (Marathon series) have multiplayer.. they should work.

Any chance any of the console emulators might support this function in the future. Maybe I should rephrase that, any know reason to suspect that the console emulators might not be able to connect ad-hoc or to the internet to play multi player? I had an SNES emulator on a PSP that was able to connect to other PSPs ad-hoc and play together.

Im thinking some Balloon fight, Gyromite Contra I better stop there because the list is endless, however, I don't know anyone who even has a pandora other then you folks on the everything net so i guess no point in really waiting around for it, a few things would have to line up for it to make any kind of sense i guess.

Any chance any of the console emulators might support this function in the future. Maybe I should rephrase that, any know reason to suspect that the console emulators might not be able to connect ad-hoc or to the internet to play multi player? I had an SNES emulator on a PSP that was able to connect to other PSPs ad-hoc and play together.

Im thinking some Balloon fight, Gyromite Contra I better stop there because the list is endless, however, I don't know anyone who even has a pandora other then you folks on the everything net so i guess no point in really waiting around for it, a few things would have to line up for it to make any kind of sense i guess.

that's a question to ask to specific developers of each emulator, not exactly a simple thing to do

@Hayclon: There's a thread containing a bunch of links to posts about multiplayer emulation over the internet or a LAN on the Pandora - you can find it in my sig.

The tl;dr version is that it won't be happening any time soon, and unless something amazing happens we probably won't see it at all during the lifetime of the Pandora mk.1

This would be a very good feature. as i play my old metal slug games with Winkawaks and that has netplay.

many other pc emulators also have this feature. if the pandora had this feature with many of its emulators,

it would atleast bring a multiplayer online experience.

This would be a very good feature. as i play my old metal slug games with Winkawaks and that has netplay.

many other pc emulators also have this feature. if the pandora had this feature with many of its emulators,

it would atleast bring a multiplayer online experience.
A large part of me hopes that neo-geo netplay is never realised on the Pandora. I destroyed no less than six keyboards playing Last Blade and LB-2 during my final year of high school.

I destroyed no less than six keyboards playing Last Blade and LB-2 during my final year of high school.
i picture this

<image removed>
Not quite that bad, just an intense mashing of keys for 2-3 hours every day. We spent all of our free time (and some time that we 'made' free) plaing either the Last Blade games or the original Smash Bros. Fortunately, as part of the school's computer club I has access to a storeroom of spare keyboards.

Back