Multiplayer Idea

I posted here because I don't like making new topics and my question had been half answered.

hopefully it'll get answered quickly and this topic can die again :D

Just so you know for the future, you should have started a new one and linked it to this one.

It's hard to know how old a thread needs to be to be considered too old though, but this one was very old.

Dr.Orpheus said:
Also. this is incredibly off topic, but I'm not going to create a new topic if i can ask here and be shot down instantly :p

The indy game "spelunky" has recently released its source code(via .gmk file I believe) does anyone know about any projects to port it to linux??
and if so possibly to the pandora? I'm fairly sure it would run, though I haven't viewed the source myself, as i don't have gamemaker.

I'd be willing to help in the porting actually. I'm just curious if anyone is already at it,

Dr.Orpheus.Md
Just to answer the question: As far as I'm aware, GameMaker is a Windows-only program that produces Windows-only games - I don't think this can be ported.

Last edited by a moderator:
Prometheus said:
Just to answer the question: As far as I'm aware, GameMaker is a Windows-only program that produces Windows-only games - I don't think this can be ported.
Not only is it Windows only, it relies heavily on closed source windows only libraries. I contacted the developer and he has a great interest in promoting to cross platform, open source libraries, but it'd be a huge effort, something not to be done in the next 3 years or so.

WizardStan said:
Prometheus said:
Not only is it Windows only, it relies heavily on closed source windows only libraries. I contacted the developer and he has a great interest in promoting to cross platform, open source libraries, but it'd be a huge effort, something not to be done in the next 3 years or so.

So porting a game maker game would take a lot of looking at scripts and rewriting the entire game from the ground-up on Open APIs. Something that no one would probably be willing to do. Unless there was a nice big monetary reward :lol:

Back