Pandora Multiplayer?

edwin_cartagena

Still Fresh
hey im a 15 year boy that is really exited with this console!
But i wonder if pandora can connect to other pandora to play playstation 1 games in multiplayer? like the nintendo ds..
Or the only way is to plug the pandora to a Tv an plug a usb gamepad?

Can the pandora do this via bluetooth(only thing i know about bluetooth is to get music with my friends cellphones :lol: ) or via wifi?

edwin henoc said:
hey im a 15 year boy that is really exited with this console!
But i wonder if pandora can connect to other pandora to play playstation 1 games in multiplayer? like the nintendo ds..
Or the only way is to plug the pandora to a Tv an plug a usb gamepad?

Can the pandora do this via bluetooth(only thing i know about bluetooth is to get music with my friends cellphones :lol: ) or via wifi?
Hardware has the capability for multiplayer so it will depend if the coder of the said emulator will put that function in.

Last edited by a moderator:
edwin henoc said:
But i wonder if pandora can connect to other pandora to play playstation 1 games in multiplayer?
Someone's already hacked PSPs to do this over wifi: [link] so there's no reason why it couldn't be done in the pandora PSX emulator.

Put simply, it just has to sync the gamepad inputs - lots of other emulators already do that for online multiplayer

This would be possible, but it would probably be pretty laggy unless the Pandora has ad hoc. (which i cant remember atm)

PoisonedV said:
This would be possible, but it would probably be pretty laggy unless the Pandora has ad hoc. (which i cant remember atm)
Pandora's WiFi chip pretty much supports everything you'd need to get the job done. Whether it be two player PS1 games with Two Pandoras, or one Pandora with two controllers jacked into it, I think it would have the potential to work fairly well, provided that the functionality was coded into the software.

So can the pandoras wifi chip create an ad hoc network for other pandoras?

PoisonedV said:
So can the pandoras wifi chip create an ad hoc network for other pandoras?
If the drivers support it (and the standard Linux drivers do) then yes. Like 99% of the "Can Pandora do XXX" questions, there is no physical reason why it can't. It all comes down to whether or not somebody writes the software for it.

Back