Wii Remote Multiplayer

GeBeCluck23

Since the Pandora has bluetooth, would it be possible to play emulators on it (Mupen, Snes9x, GPFCE) multiplayer with Wii Remotes? I know you can do this on Android; (which I guess technically means you can do it on the Pandora too, as it runs Android, although I meant running it on the Pandora by itself.)

Last edited by a moderator:
  Okay cool, thanks! Unfortunately, I tried it, but it wasn't working right... At first I tried it, but the only thing that loaded the Wii Remote was "CWiid Gui," and even then I couldn't use it to play emlators. So then, I decided to read the documentation, (I hate manuals!) and I followed the instructions about opening a terminal and updating "opkg", and then installing "cwiid."

The update worked fine, (supposedly) but it said I got an error during the "cwiid" install. What did I do wrong? Do I need this, or can I use Wii Remotes without it? What even is it? Bahh!!

If you can pair the wiimote as a hid device, it can should be able to work in games.

Though some emulators might only map the buttons of the Pandora to their controls with no option to remap or even use a second player. Like snes9x4p.

You can try to map the wiimote buttons to the controls in PanMAME.

It should take input from any device you throw at it.

Also there is qjoypad. You can try to map the wiimote buttons to keyboard commands with that to play some of the emulators/games, that only support the Pandora controls.

Edit: Ehat you are reading in the documentation is most likely out of data, but as said, if the wiimote can be paired and used in wiicd, you should be able to use it.

Yeah, it's not working... I don't know what a "hid" device is, but all I did was open Wiimote Configurator, and whatever option I choose, a terminal comes up and says, "unable to open uinput...wminput: no process killed." The only one that doesn't is, as I said, "Cwiid Gui." I tried it with PanMAME, but it didn't recognise it, I also tried Qjoypad, it didn't seem to work either...nor did anything else.  :(

For reference, here's a picture of what I have, as you can see, it's reading the button presses.

2nb7giv.png

Would it be possible to get a link to a wii remote troubleshooting FAQ, or something similar?

Pretty sure the opkg version of cwiid doesn't work anymore. I know you can pair wiimotes directly in the ex plus emulator set. However after pairing one of my wiimotes with my computer and pandora, I can no longer get it to pair with the wii.

Yep. Unfortunately I can't seem to reset it to be discovered by the Wii.

And on the wii there is also a red button beside the sd card slot. I think, you first have to press that one and then the one on the controller.

Back