Large Sd Cards

christo930

Does anyone know if there has been any progress in the use of the larger SD cards. I've noticed that they are coming down in price and It would be nice to pick one up and have everything on one card. Right now I have a 1 gig card with Mame and Neo Geo and a 2 gig card with everything else and I'm running out of room (the worst offenders are the ISO files from Sega CD and the neogeo files). It would be really nice to have an 8 gig card. A movie or 2 and all my ganes and then some. I've heard that Open2x is working on it and that GPH is supposedly working on it, but from what I've been able to gather, it's not exactly a priority. Of course, I am running under the assumption that it is a software only problem and there are no voltage issues or missing pins or anything (meaning for the 8gb cards)?

In the end, anything is better than Smart Media cards (in this day and age, especially given the price). Remember trying to get movies to fit on a 128mb card:) In the begining 128mb seemed almost boundless (thats a lot of C64 disk images)

Thanks,

Chris

Watch out for SDHC compatibility for these new cards. The regular GPH firmware can not use SDHC.

Check out Open2X or there is a hack that was working last time I checked.

Yes, there is a patch from notaz basing on the 2.1.2 firmware available.

Look here.

It works flawlessly with my 8 GB Transcend class 6 SDHC Card.

Regards,
Stephan

Last edited by a moderator:
sbock said:
Yes, there is a patch from notaz basing on the 2.1.2 firmware available.

Look here.

It works flawlessly with my 8 GB Transcend class 6 SDHC Card.

Regards,
Stephan

Does it work with the 3.0 ? I'll check it out, but if you know already, please post it. I am definitely afraid to downgrade to the 2.x firmware.

Chris

christo930 said:
Does anyone know if there has been any progress in the use of the larger SD cards. I've noticed that they are coming down in price and It would be nice to pick one up and have everything on one card. Right now I have a 1 gig card with Mame and Neo Geo and a 2 gig card with everything else and I'm running out of room (the worst offenders are the ISO files from Sega CD and the neogeo files). It would be really nice to have an 8 gig card. A movie or 2 and all my ganes and then some. I've heard that Open2x is working on it and that GPH is supposedly working on it, but from what I've been able to gather, it's not exactly a priority. Of course, I am running under the assumption that it is a software only problem and there are no voltage issues or missing pins or anything (meaning for the 8gb cards)?

In the end, anything is better than Smart Media cards (in this day and age, especially given the price). Remember trying to get movies to fit on a 128mb card:) In the begining 128mb seemed almost boundless (thats a lot of C64 disk images)

Thanks,

Chris
GPH added support on the F200 and it works fine, i'm not sure what happens if you flash the f200 firmware on to the f100.

Here's a quote from GPH's webpage about firmware 4.0.0:

This version does not work for GP2X F-100 consoles. Future release for F-100 will be available at a later time.

craigix said:
GPH added support on the F200 and it works fine, i'm not sure what happens if you flash the f200 firmware on to the f100.
I dont have an F200 and I searched (briefly) to see if it supports SDHC. I guess I did not dig enough. Thanks Craig.

Back