Lazy Foo tutorials

Bosbeetle

Terminally lost
Website
Visit site
hello everybody Im starting the lazy Foo SDl turorials just to try some stuff, its always fun

However I already hit a bump at lesson 2

Code::Blocks wont compile the code it cannot handle #include <string> (no such directory or file) ive been googling and it seems to be a problem most people solved by following lazy foos setup guid but thats where I started.

I am kinda at a loss right now. Where does codeblocks get the string library (or whatever it is) from, so I might find the problem.

Thanks

btw im on win7

Last edited by a moderator:
bosbeetle add this to your bookmarks also: http://www.parallelrealities.co.uk/tutorials/

btw, in my opinion code::block is too heavy for the beginner, really. editor evolution should go with coder evolution. Tesh or jed or any simplier programmers editor should help more than big fat c::b

btw. try to add <string.h>

btw. v3: throw away W7 use Linux for coding: Set proper env for OP in crosscompiling mode on Win is a real -pain-in-a**

Last edited:
Ive tried string.h then I run into other problems people say is due to using string.h instead of string.

But Ive heard enough I think ... will stop trying to do something I can't

You sure you're trying a .cpp file and NOT a .c file? I think their includes work differently.

i disagree about starting with C::B, if things are setup right it should auto detect your desktop toolchains and you dont have to worry about makefiles. Setting up a cross compiler isnt hard if you know where to go.

I also started with the lazy foo tutorials to learn SDL, you cant go wrong there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back