LCD cable - are we sure it's not just a loose connection?

groovechicken

I got a used Rebirth about 2 months ago and, just as I am finally settling into it as my primary messaging device, the screen starts turning green or purple when I open the lid past a certain point.

I know the accepted wisdom around here is to replce the cable, but has anyone tried simply disconnecting and reconnecting it? The reason I ask is not be an ass or assume no one has thought of it, but I can think of a handful of laptops over the years that would show the same symptoms and disconnecting, reconnecting, and putting in new retaining tape would fix it.

Just figured it was worth asking if anyone had tried this before I order a cable and go through the painful process of tearing down and rebuilding.

That is definitely the PTOD. Sorry about that, man. I just had it myself, but opted to replace the cable and didn't try anything else.

Answered to you in the Lifespan thread:

If I break it in the process of replacing the cable, I won't be able to afford to replace it and will just have to give up the dream and do without while I save for the Pyra... and it will take me at least that long to save up enough to afford that. It's all a gamble.
If shipping isn't too expensive for you get an LCD-cable and send it to DragonboxShop, Link in the US or Linux-Swat in France.

The repair team will do the job for you (for little price maybe) and you'll get back your Pandora savely.

Much less risk.

I confirmed it was not the connections, but finished off the cable in the process of putting it back together, so now I don't even have green and purple tinted views. And, just my luck, the store is out of replacements. Sigh.

I confirmed it was not the connections, but finished off the cable in the process of putting it back together, so now I don't even have green and purple tinted views. And, just my luck, the store is out of replacements. Sigh.
Try contacting the shop or ED directly. I think they were "out of stock" before as well but had enough extras lying around to fix mine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh bums. My CC has just started doing the green/purple thing. Whats my options to fix this?

Back